exhaust help?!!?!?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by eva09, Jan 27, 2010.

1. eva09

eva09 Well-Known Member

im looking into getting an exhaust for my 09 lancer gts but idk which one to get i want a low rumble sound not a ricer sound.... can ne1 give me sum feed back on helping me get the right one? help me plz

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

1. have you checked out auto city imports?
    2. how much are you willing to spend?
    3. would you prefer an axel back or a cat back?

3. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

I had Injen axleback. sounded awesome. I would go all out and not cheap out like I did and get the full catback.

4. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

oh! and do your research before you buy. look on youtube for sound clips.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I would get a cat-back, and even check eBay. I got mine from eBay and it sounds great, still. And, I've had it for over a year now.

6. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

i have the injen full cat back exhaust. i love it.

7. TILMakeEmTap

TILMakeEmTap Guest

I've heard of people taking Flow Master and Magnaflow kits and custom bending the pipes to fit our cars. It gives it that low rumble (or so youtube seems to make it sound) that your looking for. It might be something you need to look into doing just having a custom exhaust built for what you like .. it souldn't cost much more then getting the pre-made kits off an online site. I know a shop in my area has a deal now for $320 for dual exhaust magnaflow kits or $245 for magnaflow single.

8. mitchGTS

mitchGTS Well-Known Member

If you dont want a "ricer" sound then get cat-back.

I got the Magnaflow cat-back and love it. just a "low rumble" as you put it lol... and IMO it got a stock look, compared to many of the other exhausts. (Not a fan of the huge exhaust pipes)

anyways check out youtube videos. That's your best bet.

9. eva09

eva09 Well-Known Member

i bought my exhaust from road race motorsports on feb 12 and it hasnt shipped yet so im just waiting on it... which seems like forever

10. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member