evo x vs srt 4 guess who wins...nope not the evo x

Discussion in 'Evolution X - General Information' started by RALLIART, Mar 17, 2008.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

ah WTF! man, if I bought and Evo X and got beat by a SRT 4 i'd be pissed. At the end it said they had 3 ppl in the car...wonder if the Evo had fat ppl in it...lol

3. mogdarr2

mogdarr2 New Member

rest assured friends. my friend has a heavily tuned up srt4 and he smokes a lot of cars in it but he said over this weekend some guy in a new evo x wanted to test out his car and my friend said the evo beat him.

4. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Stock on stock the Evo X is on top..It also depends on the driver. But if the SRT4 was hooked up which it probably was anything is possible.

5. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

ah thats garbage man. the srt had to be modded, because it was trashing the evo.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I saw the X do a 14.3 run and seen srt4 do 14.3-14.5 runs.

7. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

From reading the text at the end of the video the Evo seemed to be having a mechanical issue.

8. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

i hope they get that sorted out

9. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

wow you guys dont know alot about racing

its not always about the power here fellas.

Keep in mind that the SRT 4 is FWD and the EVO is AWD

the SRT 4 will pull an STI or EVO anyday at those speeds...

and 14.3 seconds is complete shit for an EVO.

My friend ran 13 sec passes all day with a stock turbo WRX wagon...

10. krnkimchi702

krnkimchi702 Well-Known Member

this was on the youtube video more info section....

UPDATE BELOW

Just an Evo X having some fun with a Srt4. Srt4 is boosting 16+ pounds and has other mods while the Evo X is stock. The Tokyo Drift song while we were driving was supposed to be a joke lol.

The song I used is called Sandstorm by Darude for those who want to know.

***UPDATE***
    We found out that there is a glitch on some new Evo X's with their computer and it turns out that ours was one of them. We aren't getting 100% of the Evos performance right now so you bet there will be a rematch :) It will be taken back to the dealer for the computer update late March so viewers standby.

(Heard its a high RPM break up due to richness) Who knows...:/

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

i dont know about that... i witnessed an evoX vs a mazdaspeed3 (which spanks the evo) from a 60mph roll and the evo stayed pretty even (the ms3 is fwd) the ms3 won by like half a car, but they stayed pretty even up till lile 120mph... not that i could catch up with my lancer :D .................but thats what they both said.... now from a dig, the evoX takes a FWD for a walk in the park....

we had a meet on saturday and we had 3 MS3s, 1 evoX, my car, and a few other turbo cars.... when we left, when the light turned green, the evo literally jumped like 5 cars ahead of us... 2 of the MS3 launched too and the evo was nowhere to be found.... oh! and this is bone stock :D

this is the evo im talking about:

[​IMG]

12. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

what are you talking about? according to the quote, we dont know alot about racing :twisted:

13. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

this coming from the guy who is gonna make a custom turbo by going to the junk yard... still waiting on that btw...

maybe this is what he's gonna do?

[​IMG]

14. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

Anyone who thinks this was a fair comparison is mistaken. A modded SRT4 vs a stock Evo? Hmm I wonder.....

Stock vs Stock would've been obviously more fair.

15. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

lol...it seems that you've had it

17. mightygnu

mightygnu New Member

EVO still should take this SRT!

18. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

once again..

lowered, rice out galants FTMFW!!!

An EVO is AWD sweetheart, it'll take anything at the start...

but once your going 70mph+ , an FWD can still KILL it...

I KNOW I KNOW.. ban me again for being right

19. v8u

v8u New Member