Evo X Nose

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by leeminho86, Apr 16, 2009.

1. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

Well, I just spent the last 2 hours trying to put this thing on...very frustrating to say the least lol. Couldn't get one of the bottom corners to stick, and when you push that down the bottom middle portion pops out. Taped the shit out of it and wedged some plastic between the corner and license plate bracket to try and get it to stick over night...if it flings off tomorrow on my way to work I'm going to fly off the deep end.

The 3m tape installed on it doesn't do anything since it's not a flush fit without force. Used silicon adhesive but that was crap...got some on the front of it and it already took some of the paint off. Should I try and take it off tomorrow and re-do it? Or is it stuck on there since I used silicon?

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Post Pics

3. yoshilancer

yoshilancer Well-Known Member

post some pics up..

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

is it an aftermarket evo x nose or is it the actual evo x nose?

5. leeminho86

No it's the aftermarket one Rick sells, I'm not sure if I'll be able to take it off and redo it but if I do for proper install I think you really need to remove the bumper to take out the foam piece behind it and remove the upper grill, I just ended up squeezing it on and using a screw driver to tear apart the foam but wasn't able to get the far sides and middle out...looks good just one side didn't end up sticking completely flat..

I'll post some pics up tonight.

6. LancerRA09

It prolly would've been your best bet to remove the top and bottom grill before installing

7. leeminho86

Yeah, I'm gonna look for a how-to on removing at least the upper grill, because the top part of the nose actually fits underneath it and it was impossible to squeeze it in there before the glue started to stick...I'm an idiot lol. I might have to just order another one and start from scratch.

But here are some quick pics I took, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to get it off to try and re-do it :oops:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. LancerRA09

its easy open your hood and take off the black cover towards the front, like 3-4 clips, then look back in there and theres like 3-4 screws and it'll fall out

9. leeminho86

Sweet I just found a link on evom telling me that as well, did some research and gonna go pick up some 3m adhesive remover to get it off, bondo it and repaint it or something and redo it I guess lol.

10. LancerRA09

Lol that works, post pics when your done

11. geaux 4 breauxk

geaux 4 breauxk Well-Known Member

I dont like the openness of the center section. If they had a matching mesh pattern like the upper and lower sections do I might be on this, that and it looks bulky and sticks out to much. Not feeling it, but to each his own! Good luck with the project!

Scott

12. brian95638

brian95638 Well-Known Member

how much was it after everything for the nose? i might get one

13. leeminho86

It was like $148 or $158 shipped, to the comment above I agree it is very open, even if I get all of the foam out you'll be able to see all the metal of the frame...was thinking about putting some mesh there but if it doesn't match stock it's going to look really tacky. It's not suppose to stick out at all, it's suppose to sit flush, I just rushed it since I was doing it an hour before dark and f'd up pretty bad lol.

14. geaux 4 breauxk

geaux 4 breauxk Well-Known Member

I also think it would look better if the openings were squared off. instead of round on the lower inside sections.

15. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

ARS is ALOT Cheaper. Its only like 24 bucks and idk what to ship. But im ordering mine from them soon along with some other things
    heres a link to everything they have. You have to join 9G but you get a 5% discount for being a member there when ordering from ARS ARS Body Kits

16. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Exactly...I also ordered mines for ARS. The other guy is way overpriced cause hes the middle man trying to make pc. ARS FTW. leeminho86 I hope you get everything straightened out. Looking forward to the finish product.

17. leeminho86

Yeah, it's going to be raining off and on here for the next week so probably won't get it fixed until the weekend, but I'm pretty picky when it comes to my toys so I'll definitely be doing it right, have some more plans in store as well so once I get everything situated I'll start a progress report or something. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted :D

BTW anyone here have any experience with 3m adhesive remover? I hear that's the way to go...and also what grit sand paper should I use to repaint it? The factory plastic color is impossible to match, no one knows the paint code, and I think there's even pearl in it :evil:

Edit: Got the piece off, gotta remove the remaining silicon on the bumper and the back of the nose. Found a Duplicolor Import Auto Paint in Metallic Graphite Gray which looks dead on to the grill piece (will at least be closer than flat black), got some 400 grit sandpaper, primer, about to go to town :D Hopefully will have it all said and done by this weekend and be able to show you guys some better pics (of how it should turn out).

18. leeminho86

Here are the new pics, not perfect but a lot better than before. Think I'm going to wetsand it because the paint was still soft when I installed it (some areas got smudged), possibly even throw a few more coats of paint on it at one point or another.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. chelecuche

chelecuche Well-Known Member

I just order my nose from ARS and the price is 24 and i was 12 dollar for shipping to hacienda heights, ca! sooo! its a really good difference!!!

20. sneakerhi

sneakerhi Well-Known Member

post some pics of the ars ones when you guys get it in cause ive been so skeptical to buy it haha ialready got their lip