Evo X License Plate Mount

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by 2k8 ES, Jul 28, 2009.

1. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

So after looking around for side plate mounts, one of the cheapest ones I've found is on Mitsu Parts

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/ ... n=601#1696

It was under the Evo X section but will it fit on a non Evo decently? I'm not sure how different the front bumpers are. Don't look too different to me. So does anybody have one from here or anybody know how easily they fit?

2. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

I have the X mount on my ES. I got it from the dealer for about $30 without the hardware but you can pick up hardware from like Pepboys or Autozone for like $3. I personally like the X mount better than the other ones out there for the regular lancers. I contours the bumper better. Here are some pictures for you. I would def go with this one!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

its a good price too. I paid way too much for mine from rrm, especially the shipping. its rediculous.

4. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw on there it was like $60 so I immediately went to ebay lol. Looked around on 9glancers and found they have one but I couldn't get a reply so I finally just bought from mitsu parts. Thanks for the pictures though. Really like how it looks.

5. 08LancerAnt

08LancerAnt Well-Known Member

no problem!

6. chelecuche

chelecuche Well-Known Member

good price. i have the one from evosoul and works good to!

7. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Can't belive I didn't see that one lol. Oh well. Paid about the same price.

8. StarkCorpCA

StarkCorpCA Member

I just got my ES last month and Im looking forward to future mods. Are there any other vendors that cater to the Lancer except for RRM?

9. awilli1715k

awilli1715k Member

im lookin to get that license plate cover also. wen to the dealer they said 30 plus parts which are like 10

10. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

As for other vendors.. yes. There are a ton. If you're looking for looks, check out ARS Bodykits on 9glancers.com. Very reliable and insanely cheap. If you want performance RRM is pretty good or if you're looking for a specific part then go to a website that makes that part and look around. Injen has the CAI, RRM for SRI, and really any exhaust has at least an axle back for our car.

The dealer actually sells them for cheapest.. $30-$40 is rare. RRM costs $60 and eBay is like $50. Either dealer or ARS but their the same price so if you can get it at the dealer, do it. The install is simple. Two or three holes and screws.

11. StarkCorpCA

StarkCorpCA Member

i just got my plates yesterday, do u know the part # so i have something to fall on if they give " we don't carry that" spill?

12. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I wish I did.. I wouldn't even know where to look lol. Try mitsubishiparts.net? It might have numbers on there but I don't know if their the same as the dealerships.

13. StarkCorpCA

StarkCorpCA Member

i was planning to go to the dealership today and get it. do u know the part#? whats your thought on the blackout kit for $78?

14. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Is the $78 one vinyl or a peice of plastic? If you want something cheaper..
    viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6634&hilit=%246+blackout
    Easy to do, cheap, fixable, and removeable. Just make sure you read through a lot of it so you know what to expect.

15. StarkCorpCA

StarkCorpCA Member

I finally got my plate mount on. it came out to $44 from the dealership. It looks really nice. I'll post pics soon.

16. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

what dealer did u get it?

17. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

$44 isn't too bad. Lot cheaper than most other places I've looked lol. As soon as I got my plate mounted I got my front end painted. It helps sooo much. Especially with WW lol.

18. StarkCorpCA

StarkCorpCA Member

@enkrypter_dj.... I got mine from the Suzuki Mitsubishi Dealership in San Leandro. It only took 4 days to order.
    @2k8 ES. It looks nice for my first Mod. Now its on to bigger things.... Im still looking forward to my spoiler.

19. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

u gonna get the evo x spoiler?

20. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah that's my next thing too. I'm just gunna stick with the GTS spoiler though. The Evo X is just unneccesary and big. If I had an Evo I'd rock it but I don't so it's a small wing for me lol.