Evo X Body Kit

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by himgotscarf, May 25, 2009.

1. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

So after a few different set backs (all handled greatly by autocityimports) my evo X conversion kit is on its way!!! i will keep updating this post as the work gets done. I'm having former co-workers that are in school for auto collision do installation and paint work so hopefully all goes really well.

2. dudejman05

dudejman05 Guest

Why not start a thread on the "Progress" topic? That way you can update on everything you do to your Lancer. Cant wait to see it tho

3. daisuki3

daisuki3 Member

good luck :D post pics A.S.A.P X]

4. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Are you ordering exact evo parts or the bodykit? I ask because the bodykit thats out there, the fender is amazingly inaccurate compared tot he real fender. They made their vent go out and then when on the real car it just fallows the bodyline and then goes in.

5. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

if you bought the Evo X kit from autocityimports.com, we have the same one, depending on how good your coworkers are with body work, I suggest taking it to a professional body shop instead of students. the body shop that I went to said that it was harder than they expected. good luck on your build bro, post pix..

6. himgotscarf

its the kit from autocity, and my co-worker is going to UTI for auto collision so i have faith in him. I'll post pics as soon as i can.

7. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

did you buy the kit that my car has? its my car on ACI.com that has the evo x style body kit

[​IMG]

8. himgotscarf

yea, sure did, actually downloaded those pics to show people what my car will look like. Beginning work on it next week. How did you set up the fog lights nemo?

9. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

UHH okay. yeah than it should look clean. I thought you purchased the evo x conversion kit which is extremely pathetic on accuracy wise, no idea why anybody would buy such a shitty product.