Evo X body kit

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by himgotscarf, Apr 2, 2009.

1. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

So here's the thing: I rear-ended some one on my way to eat a couple of weeks ago and have been looking at all my options of getting it fixed. Well the body kit idea came up and i really like the evo X kit that autocity has. My problem is thus, i need to know if anyone has had any experience with this kit and their thoughts on it. Fitment is the main issue because my brother has experience installing kits and he said that they can turn out to be nightmares. So any help would be lovely.

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

it fits, but probably not perfect, like all or most fiberglass kits, there is fitment needed [hope that helps], nemo had it installed, and it looked cherry.

3. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

whoops double post~~~~

4. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

I have the kit and it does fit however, my body shop had to do alot to actually make it fit and sit right. I don't know how skilled your brother is but I suggest taking it to a body shop to make sure it's installed properly and for everything to line up..

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

the main problem is that the evo is wider than our lancers and thus needs to be formed as such.

6. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

it takes a lot of work to make it look this good, but it can look good when it is done right. this was what my car used to look like when i had the kit that your talking about. this kit is not the actual evo x one, so its not wider like the other guy said. the reason it needs work is because it is fiberglass and most fiberglass kits dont fit perfect like oem parts. hope this is helpfull and if you need any other advice on the kit, just ask.

[​IMG]

7. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

if i got something like that i would want like STi covers for the foglight areas to protect the CAI

8. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

PM'd you nemo

9. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

How hard was the rear bumper to fit?