evo side mount

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by beard_irish, Sep 25, 2009.

1. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

my evo side license mount is on the way, thinking about getting the evo X nose piece from ARS. will finally post some pics once these mods are on

2. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

The nose piece would be cool but I don't know about cutting my bumper lol. I'd be afraid I'd be putting it back on or have to cut away some styrofoam and all of a sudden hear a bang on the inside of my car cuz the air bags went off :S

3. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

^ lol mine went on no problem! but ya that would suck!

4. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

The airbag sensor isnt near the styrofoam. And it's only 3 clips that holds the styrofoam on.

5. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried putting in fog lamps or or some kind of lighting LEDs, instead of cutting a whole? maybe there just isn't enuff room i guess.

6. beard_irish

do you mean like rally lights but built into the front bumper

7. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorta. So, for the holes inthe evo nose, there would be those flat foglamps or LED's in it. I guess though that would defeat the purpose of it if you're looking for "air" functionality.

8. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I don't know how good that would look either lol. Two lights in the dead center.

I didn't know how to install the nose peice at all so I just took a guess :p

And beav... you don't have the nose piece..

9. The Beav

The Beav Well-Known Member

ya ya i was a dumbass! lol i thought you guys were talk'n about the side mount plate... now that i am more awake and actually reading it... i feel like an idiot! hahahaha FAIL! lol

10. beard_irish

ur alright dude, i do that shit all the time, i thought u were talking about the mount at first too
    anywho, my mount is being shipped, gonna be waiting by the door, First Mod (other than debadge), im excitied
    :D

11. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lol it's okay beav everybody FAILs every once and a while. Just be lucky it wasn't an EPIC FAIL!

After you get that license plate moved over you have to paint the front black :) It'll look ugly with two black plugs or two holes.

12. beard_irish

im probably going to plasti dip my bumper when this is all finished.

13. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Best mod you'll ever do :) Completely changes the look of the front end lol.

14. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

how much was your side mount and where did you buy it from??

15. beard_irish

I got the sidemount through evosoul, total with shipping i was able to get it for 34 dollars

16. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Damn that's one of the best prices I've seen. Got mine from mitsuparts for 40 shipped. I wouldn't buy it for anything more really. Can't believe RRM charges 60..

17. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

i got mine for 32 and some change from mitsu dealer with all the hardware.

my friend works there and getss me discounts.

18. beard_irish

Oh yeah, i was searching around finding some for 60+ dollars, I had found one over at ARS but by the time they responded I had already bought the evosoul mount. I understand the guy was busy and everything, i am a bit bummed, the ARS one was really cheap, he was giving the 9glancer memebers a discount, it would have been like 24 dollars before shipping. Oh well, still think i gotta good deal,
    Still not here yet. everytime i see the mailman or ups guy i run to the door and he just drives by....:(

19. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lol well ARS does have to ship from Malaysia so I think it would have came out to be about the same price.

20. beard_irish

Finally got the mount yesterday, installed very nice. now its off the the store for more plasti dip and putty to paint the bumper