EVO 8 spoiler

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by ChadD_OZ, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

Hey there! I got an 03 OZ Rally. I was looking into ordering at EVO 8 spoiler and slappin it on my lancer:) I cant figure out what to do with my trunk, as the OZ spoiler has three mounting locations, and the EVO 8 spoiler has two. WHat would i do with the hole in the middle??

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Fill it up. I can't remember exactly what some of the other people have done. I know the new gen guys when they do the evo side mount license plate move, use something to fill the holes in, but can't for the life of me remember what it is. Maybe just bondo would work, and then paint over it.

3. 1slowlance

Also, what color is it? I've been thinking about a spoiler lately, and was thinking about an evo 7 or oz spoiler.

4. ChadD_OZ

i was thinking about sticking a rubber grommet it the hole but i wasnt sure. My car was originally silver, but i just painted it black.

5. 1slowlance

My car's GG. I guess I'll just look into an evo spoiler later on. I have a few things I'm looking at buying now, and I'll be good for a while.

6. ChadD_OZ

probably a dumb question and im slow, but whats gg

7. 1slowlance

Graphite Grey. Sorry, I should have specified. There's a bunch of abbreviations for the colors. Rally Red=RR. I kinda want to finish my exhaust before I get the spoiler I want. I told myself I have to. Lol.

8. ChadD_OZ

oh haha. carbon fiber would look sick on that. Yeah i just have a magnaflow exhaust. Im working on getting my full cat-back, hoppy my GReddy EVO2:) i wish i could get that last bolt on my exhaust manifold off so i can throw my header on. it bugs me just sitting in my back seat. i just posted some pics up in the picture forum if you wann check my ride out

9. walkertx2008

walkertx2008 Well-Known Member

i just found a guy in canton georgia who has 8 evo spoilers, for 100 bucks each. the only thin wrong with them is they need painting and clear coat on the carbon fiber. im prob gonna get one from him and i will ask him if i can put his info up here and if he is willing to ship them so everyone can enjoy them. i will put a post up if he says yes with all the info and some pics.

10. 1slowlance

I might be somewhat interested in that. 100 bucks...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, can't get A spoiler for that cheap. Lol.

11. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

thats wicked good deal, im not really that intrested in one but for that cheap? cant beat it

12. walkertx2008

no go on the spoilers they said they dnt want to deal outside of the local area.

13. 1slowlance

Well that blows.

14. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

15. 1slowlance

^ Lol. Kinda.

16. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

you could buy them and resell them yourself just an idea

17. KoolKyle

KoolKyle Member

If anyone is interested...I could get an Evo8 Spoiler for $100 +shipping...

18. Mike_4B11

Mike_4B11 Active Member

i have 2 oem 9 spoilers for sale...one is blue by you and the other is apex silver...pm me

19. walkertx2008

i could but i dont have 800 for the lot of them. that thought totally crossed my mind lol but then i would have to charge more for them to make some sort of profit you kno? i figured it wasnt worth the effort right now.