ES and GTS interior.

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by tatsujo, Sep 20, 2007.

1. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Anyone has comparison pics? Is there a difference in the interior such as the dash and what not. I am planning on purchasing an ES in October. Got quoted for 14,600. I really do want a GTS, but unless I get a good price, 16-17k, it's the ES since I think I got a pretty good quote on it.

I want to know if there are any differences?

Also, off topic.. total n00b when it comes to this.. which would cause more noise, the intake or the exhaust? Planning on getting the rrm intake also, but how loud is it?

2. AJ

AJ Member

i think the GTS interior only comes in black, depending on the color. some of the options are different, as well. also, i think it has fake carbon fiber trim. my dad worked numbers with the dealer we're getting the car from and the lowest he could get it was about 20k plus another two thousand in taxes and dealer fees and such.

i also have the same question regarding intake and exhaust and which one is more beneficial (and louder) :twisted:

3. tatsujo

If anyone has pics they can post of their ES, that would be great. I hate it that manufactures only show the BEST interior trim on their site. However, I actually got quoted on the GTS for 18.9 for the cvt with the navigation package but being a first year college student, I can't live with 18.9 haha.

As for the intake and exhaust, I actually wanted to know which would be more quiet. Haha, I hate it when kids and their humongously loud cars drive past the house at 2am.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^To each is own on that (louder) if you are going to get it from RRM.

IMO, the DE trim has a really cool black matte trim (pinoy) where as the ES has the aluminum and the GTS has the carbon.

5. tatsujo

Ah, is that the only difference? The matte, aluminum, and carbon? If that's it, sounds great I can live with it. As for the intake and exhaust.. are you saying that it depends on my definition of loud?

6. bras_33

^YUP. Everyone has there version of loud...annoying loud, big muscle loud and even rice loud!!!

7. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

lmao u make fun of my fake carbon fiber now but it adds 20hp!!!

8. bras_33

^is that at each wheel?! since its a fwd?! lol

9. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

you guys have seen my DE.here is a quick pic. DSCF0101.jpg
    and only cost me 15,9.i did buy the complete ground kit for 1g so i love my deal.

10. tatsujo

Awesome dude, I was about to say, that's not a DE! That's nice though, I might have to purchase the kit later on the road also. I would have liked it if they made the front a continuous lip, that gap in front just reminds me of the corolla. :) What size are those, are they 18? 17?

So let me rephrase the question.. which sounds better, the intake or the exhaust. I've heard the ones that sounds low and strong.. and then I heard the ones that sound like there is a soda can rattling inside.. I prefer the low deep sound.. could I get that with the intake?

11. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

for the intake and exhaust videos please check the video thread gallery. and please search before you post

12. tatsujo

^
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Wow, that's pretty loud from the video where it was recorded from the interior. Sounds nice though. :D

13. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

As far as the interior goes, the biggest benefit of the GTS is the leather steering wheel. Sometime down the line (in a couple of years) I'm sure I'll be scanning eBay every now and then for a used GTS leather wheel.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I got the GTS and I do NOT like the fake c/f trim at all. I would prefer it to match the silver that is around the gauges or real c/f.

15. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

yeah it seems a lil ricey..oh well still love my car