engine trouble....

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by DragnRidr85, Sep 6, 2008.

1. DragnRidr85

DragnRidr85 Well-Known Member

so i just got my car ('08 Lancer GTS - CVT) back from the body shop after 1.5 months. I drove it from the shop in SC back to my home in NJ (about 600 miles) and there were some serious engine issues. There is a lot of hesitance reaching 60+mph. It feels as though the gears are not shifting properly (you can feel every shift... your not supposed to in a CVT)... the intake (RRM-SRI) roars at around 2,500 RPM which is too low for it to be getting that load... when i reach 60+mph it rides just fine without problems... but whenever i run into patches of road that very bumpy the speedometer dial drops down (not kidding), i lose acceleration, and i get about 4 different warning light indicators telling me to get the car serviced, the ABS indicator light, and even the light that says the E-brake is engaged! It all stops once i pass over the bump back onto smooth road...i'm not sure if the accident earlier messed something up or if it was the body shop...they said they had to take out the engine to install a wiring harness so maybe something went wrong there...

i'm taking the car to mitsu dealership in a few days... luckily my insurance agreed to cover all costs

anyone have any idea what the problem could be with? or anyone had any similar problems?

2. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

well definatly take it to the dealer, redline1 who is a member on this forum was the first ever that i know off to bust his cvt tranny, talk to him see if he experinces any of these issues.

3. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

i pmed you back, deff get that car to the shop before anything really bad happens, i got lucky it just broke going down a highway, before mine broke the car was jerking really hard slowing down and speeding up, was the car in a accident before, maybe busted motor mounts, who knows but deff get the car in there as soon as you can. You should be fine with the rrm intake i had custom exhuast intake and pulley they tested the car and checked the tires for signs of racing, so yea get the car to a shop asap, dont want nothing bad to happen. just take it really easy

4. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

that sucks dude

5. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Id also reccomend removing the SRI before you take it. Dont want ya to get there and they send ya home packing.

BTW why did you have to go all the way to SC to do body work???

6. DragnRidr85

I was coming returning home to NJ from a road trip earlier in the summer going down to Miami... on the drive back a deer decided it wanted to play on the highway right as I was on it... needless to say the car wasn't in any condition to be driven back to NJ so had to leave it in SC to be repaired and I caught a train back up.

7. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Well, im under the impression that you are ok. Thats the important thing.

But yea def take it to the dealer.

8. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

not that it hasn't been said enough already, but take it to the dealer, lol. anything major especially if insurance is paying, take it to the dealer. not saying that body shop people don't know what they are doing, but when i read that a BODY SHOP did MECHANICAL work, i lol'd a little inside. not at you!! I feel for your situation, been in a similar situation myself. but yeah the idea is somewhat darkly humorous ;)

9. DragnRidr85

actually i would have to say those body shop people don't know what they are doing (at least the one i was at)... they said my car would be ready and after a 11 hour train ride down there i found out they haven't put the front end on yet and it was just getting out of paint shop! They said there's no way they can finish it that day but i spoke to the owner who said to all the workers that no one is allowed to leave until my car is finished haha. I guess I lucked out there was a nice compassionate owner at least

10. DragnRidr85

so I took my car to the mitsu dealer...

lordtygr your lol was justified it seems. The one mechanical thing the body shop did (replacing a wiring harness) was the problem. Mitsu said that they need to re-do it properly cause it's causing electrical problems. At least my transmission isn't screwy =)