ECU's

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BigSteve, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting the RRM ECU piggy but im not sure.. should I wait and see what other companies come out with? or are they all going to be pretty much the same?

Also.. if you have the RRM ECU what do you think of it? did it help out with 1st and 2nd like the pulley does?

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Not worth it. I say wait.

3. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

If anything, wait for the RRM ECU v2 :wink:

4. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

their gonna make one?

5. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

If they made a version 2 they basiclly mess everyone over who had 1. And thats totally B.S. :)

6. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

If you have the money try it bro, thats what i did instead of asking around more and more.

Was it worth it to me personally? No. i felt nothing saw nothing and got nothing.

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Well your Butt dyno is totally broken then. If you can't feel the more tq then something is wrong. I have even proven the tq on dynos. Besides the piggy is just a piece of the puzzle. You would see more gains if you had an intake and exhaust. The piggy changed the air/fuel ratio for future upgrades like an intake, exhaust, header, ect.

Its like a ported head. Sure it will show some gains, but combine it with the right cams, cam gears, pistons, valves, valve springs, intake manifold, and header, and thats when you see the true results.

Thats the problem with the new generation. You guys want the top results "right now" and aren't willing to work for it.

Also, if your waiting for a V2 ECU, keep waiting. WORKS has been working on it for almost a year and havn't cracked the codes yet.