Dyno on ES vs GTS

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by aTm beaner, Mar 26, 2009.

1. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

i saw one of the member's dyno for a GTS and the whp was around 129. that's like a 24% power loss from the listed 168. is that accurate?? that would only put the car around 148-152 at the flywheel. were GTS numbers exaggerated from the factory? it makes me happy that I have an ES now, if the numbers are going to identical.

2. aTm beaner

on another note, props to the GTS owners for the wheels. they look nice. :D

3. xXBrutalXx

xXBrutalXx Well-Known Member

almost every vehicle manufacturer boosts there HP #'s to a certain extent, all the way down to ATV's, Snowmobiles, and Motorcycles

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

the rated hp is before the crank and wheels so it does make a difference. i mean think about the power thats robbed by the car's weight, the heavy pulley, and other things. the 168hp is from the 2.4L 09 GTS so the 129 might be from the 152hp 2.0L 08 GTS.

5. aTm beaner

So the '08 GTS had an hp rating of 152? That's news to me. These cars are heavy but I don't think that'd make a difference on the dyno.

6. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

nah dude, weight doesn't matter

08 gts = 152 fed, or 142 pzev
    09 gts = 168

7. BlueDevilLancer

our cars curb weight is about 3000lbs. im stuck with the slowest of them all -1

8. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

me too =/ but with all my mods i can run a 16 1/4 mile=) 16.15 is my fastest so far. and 0-60 is 8.08 not bad

9. BlueDevilLancer

what do you have for mods?

10. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

ive got the injen cai, v1 pully and timing control box. and a cat back (custom) which i dont think helps at all. next is the pully

11. BlueDevilLancer

i only have the injen CAI but im should be receiving a new pulley by next week and have that and a custom catback done by next weekend where im getting put on a dyno. i'll post numbers and pics when i can.

12. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

sounds good let me know

13. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Yeah the 09 gts is the new 4b12 2.4L 168hp... the 08 had the 2.0 personally the 2.4 isnt that much better with the cvt but you buy whatever you can afford right then dump enuff $$$$ into it to make it faster. Which in retrospect is kinda dumb... if i had just saved the $ and gotten the ra from the beginning i would have been happier.

14. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

update: i pulle a 16.15 1/4 mile and a 7.58 0-60 =)

15. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

hey guys...last week i got up on the dyno, didnt post anything because i dont have the chart since the printer was bad and i didnt have a jump drive at the moment...anyhow, with the Injen CAI, RRMs pulley (dont know the diff between V1 & V2, so i dont know which one i have), and the Tsudo N1 axle back, i was putting out 162 whp, dont remember tq...after that i installed RRMs header and piggy so, this thursday comes up for the dyno ill take my jump drive and bring an image for all to see...

16. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

sweet let us know after the headers and piggy cuz those are my next two items tog et

17. skullpr

will do bro...just give me till thursday, lol

18. medic

medic Well-Known Member

162 at the wheels very nice... that equates to about what 175 hp at the fly with ~8% drivetrain loss. now if only we knew what the drivetrain loss was in realfife numbers. do u have a baseline dyno run to compare to? id love to know what to expect from my 09 gts.

19. skullpr

nop sorry never dynoed as stock...wanted to but never got to it...

20. medic

medic Well-Known Member

thats cool. im still curious as to what you get with the header and piggy. keep us all up to date man. btw the front end looks sick!