dual exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lancermike, Nov 6, 2007.

1. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

has any heard nethin bout a bouble exhaust like the evo x???

2. Guest

Guest Guest

no sir not as of yet. however some1 already posted something about that. search around and c if they came up with something.

3. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

ive seen one in production for our cars

4. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

with exhaust anything is possible just weld and bend with piping

unless im wrong 8O

5. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

using dual for our car, we might end up losing alot of back pressure. who knows though

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

and how do you know this? lol

7. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

wow alvin, stop being on my nuts.

8. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

Mmmmmmmm Nuts...

9. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

i use to own a 07 eclipse gs and i was on the forums there they got alot of gser and gter getting custom weld duals they have tested that they dont lose any power from start to end but is costly around 800+ :cry:

10. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

hey thanks for the updates guys keep me posted

11. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i used to own a 96 civic ex i had dual exhaust on.it didnt hurt nething but it did look good,i hope this dont make nebody mad but here was mine.i know this is LANCER tuners but i love this pic. sorry if i offend anybody. :wink:

CAM_0312.jpg

12. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure thats what ill be doing when i get the STS turbo kit when i get back i just think it will look and sound wicked. But we never know lol. .

13. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

In NA form yes, we could lose too much back pressure and some power

14. angryGTS

So you are telling me people were claiming that on a GS with dual exhaust they didnt lose any power??? Was this on the butt dyno or an actual dyno, I know on the 3g people that were NA lost power.....

15. angryGTS

I hope that was turbo with all those guages in the guage pod :)

16. lancered

this pic was taken 2 weeks before the motor started knocking.i was saving for a greddy kit,but i had to get a new motor :cry:

17. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Eh.. i dont know about the dual exhaust...
    I come from the DSM world.. i saw actual dyno sheets of a non turbo (420a) with dual exhaust done professionally ($800 approx) and it actually lost around 15 hp to the wheel... in a turbo car, hell yea, all day... in a NA car... i think its not necessary, plus its a really expensive mod that if you arent going to loose HP, you wont gain anything.... just my .02 cents

18. lancered

everybody has their own tastes.Professionally,i think ive done this enough to be called a professional.i dont think you need a piece of paper to be certified if you know what your doin.

my .02 cents

19. angryGTS

:( that blows

20. lancered

yes i was pissed and sad my DREAM of a 400hp sohc vtec was gone.i lost faith,then got a new motre put in and traded it in for the lancer.i traded it as it looked in the picked i showed everyone. :(