Door Handles

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by BabyLee, Mar 2, 2008.

1. BabyLee

BabyLee Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone......i know this is a stupid question....but i have a DE n i HATE my black handles.......does n e one know if i can either paint my handles or just buy the painted ones n hook them up 2 my car......i am almost repulsed looking at my car n feel i cant do n e thing 2 it cuz its still gunna look like a kmart brand with the black handles..........thanx

2. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

im sure u can, ill brb with a double check

3. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

damn.. uh.. talk to mitsu..

4. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

just paint them bro :twisted:

5. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

handles can be painted, but u gota be careful to use the right paint and amount of it will look worse then the black ones lol

6. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Truth,

also hopefully the paint matches lol or it'll look sketchy and flake off EASY.

i'd just go to mitsu(even though i'd so much rather go a ghetto shop then the dealer) and see what you can do about the color :D

7. BabyLee

Thanx guys......im just sayin i would rather not paint them for that reason only....i dont want it 2 look like shyt so thats y i was wondering if n e one knew where i could get the handles painted already....ill take 2 mitsu 2morrow n see but they will prolly charge me n arm n a leg n dick me over......but i guess i gotta do wut i gotta do......

8. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

yeah thats why i said i rather go to a ghetto shop then the dealer, but i mean atlest get an idea of what they charge..

9. BabyLee

Hey everyone...thanx but i talked 2 the dealer n he said the painted pieces with the extention thingies w/ tax is gunna be 346.19...so itll be a while but its worth it so ill look around for other places but i guess ill just have 2 save up 4 those

10. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ Some of the smaller paint shops can do it for a lot less but may sacrifice quality.

11. BabyLee

yea i hear ya.......im a chick so i rather just buy the pretty ones already done lol.....i dont know much about where 2 go n how much 2 pay cuz i always feel like im gettin ripped off or taken advantage of

12. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

LOL @ the pretty ones

Most likely you can find them at the dealer, but be prepared to pay.

try here:

http://mitsubishiparts.com/

or you can always google it.

13. Austin

Austin Well-Known Member

dont do macco!

14. razo

razo Member

i love my black door handles on my WW! :D

15. sxk122

sxk122 Member

Not true.

Depends on the maaco. some are better than others. and if you go in for the $199 paintjob full car paintjob, dont expect an OEM finish. Pay a bit more, but less than some independant shops and you can get really nice results.

I deal with a maaco here in dallas owned by a friend and his shop does great work.

examples; my last car--

[​IMG]

[​IMG]