dome light?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by beard_irish, Nov 1, 2009.

1. beard_irish

beard_irish Well-Known Member

I have the sunroof on my lancer, and i was wondering if anyone has added a dome light. Its beginning to get annoying not having any back seat light.

2. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I have the same problem... just use your map lights. They kinda light up the center of the back seat lol.

3. beard_irish

i do that, but i carry alot of shit in my backseat, i was thinking about a small led bar on the roof, or something similar...

4. whosjamesgo

whosjamesgo Well-Known Member

hell ya i have the same problem. i dont know why they didnt put any :x
    i was thinking about getting a dome light from a junkyard or something and stick it up
    in the middle and wire it up with the map lights but i dont know jack bout electrical stuff

5. beard_irish

you have a good idea there whosjamesgo, the electrical wouldnt be hard, im sure if you asked around on the site, someone would be able to help

6. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah but opening up your headliner sounds a little sketchy to me.

7. whosjamesgo

if u dont want to open the headliner you can ghetto tape it or glue..lol

8. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

if it was me id openit lay the wire from ur map lights then pay for it to get replaced with heavy materails it would cost about 100 dollar

9. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lmao I'm not double sided taping a dome light and taping a wire to my ceiling. That's a little too ghetto for me.

I don't really want to spend $100 for some light in my back seat. I'll just put a flash light in my pocket behind my seat.

10. whosjamesgo

lol..if you want to go more ghetto you can tape your flash light in the middle of the headliner
    so you wont have to look for the flash light if your in a hurry :p
    and you can just turn in on and off anytime you want

11. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Haha great idea :p

12. ballmonk23

ballmonk23 Well-Known Member

i have also seen battery touch lights u could tape that...

13. CRAZY-LEGS-20

CRAZY-LEGS-20 Well-Known Member

Well....for all that you could have some LED install on the side....I've seen it before...it looks good