does any 1 know anything about the rre products in lancershop?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by aznboiultra, Apr 11, 2011.

1. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

I just finish talking to a representative from lancershop.com. Their selling a rre piggyback system for 08 lancer, but it is actually a rrm product. What worry me is their labeling on their page. It says 08+ and we all know there is a big difference between the 08 and 09+. Have any actually order 1 from their sites? Actually their selling a lot of the rrm products, I wonder if their used/recertified. Does any one know? I would ask them, but I am afraid they might just lie to unload their products.
    \/ lancer cvt piggyback rre 08+ \/
    http://www.lancershop.com/customer/product.php?productid=3798&cat=0&page=1

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Huh. Never seen this site, but I don't really know if I would consider buying from them. I'd get with RRM and ask them about it and see if they know that this site is selling the same exact products and such.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

RRE and RRM are different companies owned by the same person. The only reason they say 08+ is because the way the ecu hooks up is the same for those years. When you choose what it is for it comes with a different tune. It also says that it is for the 4b11 engine only so that would help others as well. So the "+" should not be there not unless you specify what year it is in the comments as you check out.

Hunk, this site has been around for a while. I discovered them last year on evom when i was searching for some things.

4. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

5. aznboiultra

aznboiultra Well-Known Member

Oh I remember that, I was bidding against someone on ebay for it late last year. I backed out at the end cause I notice it require 89octane. I prefer 87 cause its cheaper. I live close to San Francisco area and gas for regular are atleast $4.15 a gallon.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Interesting. Never seen it before.

7. raceshark

raceshark Member

4.15!!! I guess that's something I have to get used to it when I move this summer to San fran

8. sk13322

sk13322 Well-Known Member

yeah i have talked to many people with the timing controler and they all love it and it puts out great power only two down sides

1. 89 gas and its 3.98 here for 87

2. this timing controlers kills you city mpg big time.