disabling the tpms

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by lancered, Oct 28, 2007.

1. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

is there any way to disable the tpms?i hate having this on the car cuz you cant just swap a set of wheels on the car.sucks.maybe the dealer can get into the ecu and disable from there?

2. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

tpms

From what I know, you can just remove them and add them onto the new Rims/Wheels you want to put on your car. Go to TireRack.com and you can either buy a new set for $169 or swap out your stock ones.

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Actually it's not easy as just remove and add to the new rims. You would need to get the the tire sensors calibrated to match your new set of tires. If you buying them directly at a local shop, ask them if they know how to calibrate the tire sensors. Because some places don't mention anything about it. If not, you can just go down to your local dealership.

or you can do what Nemo420 said, and spend that much for new sets of tire sensors.

4. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

dang,well i might just buy a new set then cuz the nearest dealer from me is about hour and a half away.

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Actually it is that simple...a few guys on this site bought new rims and they have said it was an easy swap and did not have to recalibrate the tps. Kinkbmxrydr and i think spunx did and no tps light went on or anything.

6. 08GTSlancer

08GTSlancer Member

Hey man I worked for Discount Tire for 4yrs... Just have TPMS taken out of your old wheels install onto new wheel.... And either they will reset themselves.. or call a discount tire and ask how to put you car into reset mode for the TPMS..