Did some things today

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by spentplsr711, Aug 25, 2009.

1. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Hey I blacked out the grill, side markers and tail lights. also debadged the trunk.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Looks good....what's next on the list?

3. spentplsr711

spentplsr711 Member

Not sure, what ever I have the money to do next. Lmao it a do as have spare money type of deal. Have a baby so wanna make sure I take care of him first.

4. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

now the back looks nice and clean

5. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Damn looking pretty good. I wanna do something with my sidemarkers but my cars white so it would look a little weird with black sidemarkers on a white car..

6. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

at least do a tint overlay or black out the reflectors on the bumper

7. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

at least do a tint overlay or black out the reflectors on the bumper

8. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me? Dude, a white car with black accents looks sick. And, I like the way your tails came out, they look like a flat black paint job, and you should do your reflectors on the back bumper as well.

9. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah but the side markers are just some random ass lights on the side of the car. They'd look weird blacked out.

10. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, man. I have been looking at VHTing my side blinkers and a few other things, and my car's gray. It won't go with anything else, color scheme-wise on my car, but I think it'll look better than a white lens. I think it would look pretty good on your car though. Especially, if you black out those darn red reflectors on the back bumpers of the new lancers. I hate those things.

11. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

from far blakced out side markers on a white lancer would look like a giant spec of dirt, keep them clear

12. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

^^ Yeah that's what I'm worried about. I'm thinking about doing my reflectors (I absolutely hate them too) but I might get the Extreme Dimensions rear bumper some day so I'm not sure yet.

13. seikot.lyam

seikot.lyam Member

Do you know how to remove the reflectors? I wanna blackout mine so they match with the rest of the lights and I can barely reach through the back. Is there an easy way to get them out or am I gonna have to mask em? Thanks.

14. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I think you push them forward then pull them out. Really easy but their still attatched to a wire. I wouldn't black them out with your white car though. Might looks weird from a distance. But if you do it, make sure to post pics :)

15. seikot.lyam

seikot.lyam Member

Are you talking about the signal lights on the side? because I already tinted those.... the reflectors I am talking about are the ones on the read bumper.

16. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Oh duh sorry. Read that wrong lol. Not sure about the reflectors. From what I've seen it's just 1 or 2 screws but no idea how to get to it. Got any pictures of your tinted side markers? I'd like to see a WW with those tinted.

17. seikot.lyam

seikot.lyam Member

I'll get a pic as soon as I can

18. Aspired

Aspired Member

Have you thought about adding a nice chrome accent ?
    Here's a post from another lancer forum with the DIY instructions.

[​IMG]
    THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO BUY!! "Wheel Arch Moulding"

[​IMG]
    Ahhh the install... I used some (windex!) to get all the crap away from the area that was about to be stuck... then started at the bottom and began laying out the track of Chrome stuff..

[​IMG]
    MMmm the corners looked like they were going to be a bit of a bitch... MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE THE STUFF OUT IN THE SUN FOR A WHILE BEFORE YOU START!!! This makes it easier to bend :)

[​IMG]
    Nice bend!!

[​IMG]
    Just keep it steady and keep going around the outline of the "nose"..

[​IMG]

The join was going to be a little bit tough.. but this "overlay" concept seemed to help this out. Keep a nice sharp blade Handy!!

[​IMG]
    Nice! A perfect join!

[​IMG]
    Looks pretty good I think!

[​IMG]
    LOVE IT! Looks sooo much better hey!?

[​IMG]

19. recardo

recardo Member

that looks awesome - exactly what I'd like to do to mine.

did you remove the grill to paint it? how do you remove the grill?

thanks!

20. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah you should definitely take out the grille. There's about 4-5 screws holding it on then another 4 holding on the lattice.