Deer Hunter intro

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Deer_Hunter, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Deer_Hunter

Deer_Hunter Member

Hello !

I am happy that I was able to find a FORUM for Lancer owners. Just recently bought a GTS (got it at a very modest price and very nice rate)model with a black color, but did not opt to add anything on it except for the Tire and Rim and the Gap insurance. I thought the car looks so nice that i want to keep it for 10 years or more (just as long i dont wrecked it. LOL). The sun and sounds package is good but for additional 1,500 bucks it can go a long way to improve the interior and sound system better.

Well I live at Long Island NY and I dont see a lot of GTS compared to Civics and Mazdas. Maybe the ratio here is 50:1 that's why when I am on the road eyes are on me most especialy at the downtown avenues where most rich people would parade their luxurious cars at side street parking LoL .

Well I guess my next step is improving the sound system and I am planning to put in 2 18 inch KICKER subwoofs and AMPLIES. I would also like to modify the interiror speakers with the KICKER speakers.

As for the in dash CD and MP3 player, If I am going to change it, any of guys can suggest how should I go about it? I know the GTS model has its bluetooth system integrated with the stock CD/MP3 player and I dont want to mess around with it.

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

Welcome to the Lancer Tuners Community!

3. DaytonaLancer

DaytonaLancer Well-Known Member

Hey welcome to the forum!

As far as the CD players go, the only real option you have is to get the naviagtion dash kit, and that will give you a nice clean double wide opening for whatever you want to put in there, be it a head unit and shelf of a double wide screen.

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Congrats on the GTS purchase. 8)

welcome

5. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

Uhg @ Kicker. Way over priced for a product that can be matched or out performed for cheaper.

For your radio, wait about another2 months and the Metra kit will be released with the option of single din or double din units.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Welcome and congrats on your 08...enjoy the forum...and post pics, we like pics.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

KICKER FTW! dont be scared SERIOUS08! LOL! As long as you dont say JL, Audiobahn or MA Audio. LOL!

N-E-WAYZ welcome to the site.

8. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Welcome!

9. GTS-SB

GTS-SB Well-Known Member

welcome!! this is a great forum with a lot of smart folk!!

10. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

welcome

11. SeRious08

No way. RE Audio, Cadence, PowerBass, Alphasonik, and Planet Audio

12. Deer_Hunter

Deer_Hunter Member

Alright GUYZ! so which spekers you suggest that I should put in to my GTS? Oh just for the subs I want 2 12 inch Solo barric KICKER.

13. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Welcome bro, make sure you ask as many questions as you can, and make sure to check out the forums often, becuase not all of the posts make it to the homepage.

14. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

please guys.... Elemental Designs FTMFW! Wait until I get my hands on there new Av.2 :wink:

Welcome to the forums Deer_Hunter!

15. SeRious08

I don't have much hearing or hands on experience with ED so I can't really recommend them. But on the plus side I have never heard anything bad about them.

16. Primetime

Primetime Well-Known Member

welcome to LT, enjoy and congrats

17. slipshft

slipshft Well-Known Member

Hope you are not hitting the deer with your car...

Welcome!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

good stuff brudda

19. sirelancer

sirelancer Well-Known Member

welcome...good choice in color...only thing that needs to be done is add some tint and your set...