CVT Transmission questions

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Texas Aggie, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Since this is relatively new tech, could this tranny handle a turbo and other mods?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, just as loang as you dont go over bored.

3. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

agreed, this tranny is good but not good enough to handle a full blown race motor. there are some rumors out there that say this tranny can handle up to or more than 400hp **just a rumor though**

4. Guest

Guest Guest

^ ur right. how ever some small upgrades need to be made with the trans cooler.

5. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

^ what do you mean by this?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

bigger more effient cooler

7. Nemo420

he means our trannys have an oil cooler to keep the oil at a good temp. and the faster we go the hotter its going to get......so we would need to do a little upgrade to keep the oil cooler if we want to go faster.

8. Nemo420

bigger oil lines that run into the tranny, like phil said "bigger oil cooler", and i would add a faster oil pump that can handle the power you want to put out.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

^ exactly--LOL!

10. Nemo420

oh and just to let you know, this is only to maintain your tranny. this will not make you faster or more pwerfull, lol. its only so that your tranny can perform at its maximum potential. this does not mean you can get 500+HP from it....lol.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

^ just what I like to see. A man stating it like it is.

12. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

That aint too bad if it can handle 400 hp , shit ill take 350 lol thats as good as a hemi lol

13. JayGTS88

JayGTS88 Well-Known Member

300whp is all i need for cali... :D how much is 300whp in hp?

14. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

usually add about 20%