Custom Intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by bras_33, Sep 22, 2007.

1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

a custom intake out of a mazda3 2.3 cold air intake from ebay. He said the CEL doesnt come on. He did some cutting and drilling for the MAF.

intakeetfour080of3.jpg

intakeetfour082vb6.jpg

intakeetfour079op2.jpg

intakeetfour077pp9.jpg

intakeetfour075kq1.jpg

2. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

That is your car or someone else?

3. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

looks good i like the mount i need a better mount for my custom

4. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Wow that looks pretty clean. Just a matter of time now for parts to start coming out.

5. bras_33

^some parts are already out

Someone elses. TOO much chrome for me

6. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

too risky for an intake,i will rather buy from rrm,than risk a $800.00 flow meter,think about it guys :twisted: and i'm not a very rrm fan.

7. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

wow how is it risky no offense but the only real harm that can be done is the CEL comes on....

but if you got the cash to waste and cannot wait, thats ones opinion

8. gatzaraki

do you know what a flow meter is? aaa forget it,good luck bro..... :twisted:

9. Guest

Guest Guest

AGREE!!!

10. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

yes and how would you damage it by trying to make a RAM itake?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

You may not but remember that a lot of weekend warriors that read these may not have the basic knowledge to read between the lines and they are the ones that just need to buy the parts that r made for the car. Cuz they r the ones that will talk crap and you know the rest.

12. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

i just cant stand for this anymore :roll:

yeah im pretty knew to cars since ive switched for jap to american

but seriously...

and i really dont mean to offend anyone if i do...

just a friendly debate :D

13. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL! I hear ya!

14. gatzaraki

relax people,it's between friends, :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: try everything but do not get us to it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

15. gatzaraki

it's not about the weak ass 159.that the rrm sri cost it's about your car bro

16. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

looks good, but he should have relocated the battery, and drop it right next to the headlight, there is plenty of room there.

17. bras_33

18. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

What could cause the failure? if the pipe diameter is the same and the filter gets the air. Also if its machined properly and the sensor fits tightly and not allowing air to enter or escape it should work fine i would think? I myself and new to the tuner world but i figure thats all thats needed right?

19. sunstealth

sunstealth Well-Known Member

the intake is on my car , no chrome at all, its just the polished aluminium the pipe came in (soon to be textured and painted black to look as oem as possible) i would have relocated the battery but the corner weight on the car is nearly spot on in the stock configuration

what i will do is to make a "volant style" intake box which will scoop air from a hihg pressure point and direct it to the filter chamber, thus providing it the coolest air it can get!

20. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

try down by the fogs perfect place just needs the maf sensor to be longer

i was actually thinking if maybe i moved the battery it would be a nice fit right there.....

but i dont really want to move it...

got anyother ideas of where to mount it?

ima take another look and if i find a nice spot i might remount my intake