custom exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lancered, Dec 25, 2007.

1. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

ok guys im getting a custom cat back on my lancer soon,hopefully in the next month and i was thinking either 2.5 or 2.25 exhaust pipe.which do you all think would be best for our cars?KRU what size pipe did injen use on your exhuast?? or how big does it look?i just wanna make sure im getting something from the set up soo just your opinion will help.

2. lancered

thanks bras....it looks like 2.5 cuz it justs fills up the space under his car.

3. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

most likely its 2.5 thats everage for non turbo cars

4. lancered

im going with 2.5 from the cat back forget about those resonator(s).

5. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

i wana see a pix of this

6. lancered

i took off my muffler today well unbolted it from the muff and it doesnt sound too bad.so i think im goin axle back since i do hav a 1 year old son.its still quiet but has a nice tone,and not too LOUD.idk if i want to make a look a like pipe and dual straight tip. or a can angled up and slightly offset from being straight,hmmm???

7. Mitsu008

Smart always think about ur passengers lol 8)

8. Mitsu008

in 2 weeks magnaflow is gonna make me an exhaust from cat down ill post pic's asap

9. lancered

sweet man yes yes pictures are a plus :D

10. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Are they going to use your car as a R+D for future cat-backs sold by Magnaflow, or is this a one-off type thing?

11. lancered

so i went to a muff shop today and i got the hook up. theyre gonna mandrel bend me a bolt on axle back(since i have a 1 year old son)i dont want to scare him with my exhaust,i already have,lol.just with the muffler unbolted.i trust these guys they do a REALLY awesome job.these are the guys who redid my dual cat back exhaust on my honds civic and theyre doing it for $65.how awesome is that :D plus the muffler i want under there.so about $90.im pumped!!
    :diabloanifire:

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Anything people do to take out that TUB of a muffler from our stock system is ok by me. Congrats.

13. lancered

yea a TUB lol i call it a BARREL,lol. thanks man i just trying to keep my warranty good.so i can just switch out the muffs real quick just in case i have to go into the dealer you know.

14. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

15. lancered

i get my new muff tmw(1-11-08) so ill be getting it done soon.

16. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

17. lancered

it looks like 2.5. you should ve had them angle it up,i mean it looks good.did you notice ur car perform better?is it really loud?i think ill do that instead.