Custom Cat Back

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by gator4life108, Jun 10, 2008.

1. gator4life108

gator4life108 Well-Known Member

Ok here goes I believe I have done the searching through this form, but

I was wondering if anyone has done a custom exhaust from a shop with like a magnaflow muffler or something of that kind.

I can't stand the sound of ricey exhaust, I am looking for a sleeper of some sort, nothing to loud but when you really step on the gas it comes alive.
    If you know what I mean. I heard the video of the person with the flowmaster and it was a little to loud. If anyone is able to help that would be cool. Not a lot of money to spend so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

2. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

I have an ebay "tsudo" catback that i got for 200 bucks shipped....and it doesnt sound ricey at all..its really deep and throaghty.

3. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

If you got a catback for 200 bucks then i would say thats a good deal

4. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

5. gator4life108

ya i had already seen that, I mentioned it above, but anyway sounded to ricey for me....thanks tho.....and bryn i like the vids of all mods....very sweet

6. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

o sorry... i thought u were wondering how the flowmaster was :p... thx btw :)... how about that custom 2.5" video? it's a bit deeper imo... i think it's supposed to be a replica of the works but i can't remember exactly

7. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

yah i'm tryin to find the right sound but i'm gunna redo the whole system. its a 4 banger, pretty much gunna sound a lil ricy.

8. gator4life108

you are completely right.....just i've grown up with big trucks and suv's so im not used to 4 bangers....but im sure there is that perfect exhaust out there.
    Thanks

9. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

^me too, if you find something let me no cause i've been tryin an cant find anything

10. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

the hks videos sounded horrid
    but then i went to youtube and checked out other hks mufflers on the 08 and it sounded sweeeet
    probably just the camera

11. Do you get Gains when its Catback or is it the same gains as a axleback.

12. davidlanceres

In most cases there is little to know gains with a catback or axle back...maybe with a header too but i have a highflow cat and a catback and i still havnt noticed any gains but i have an 03 lancer so i cant speak for the 08's.

13. davidlanceres

[​IMG]

yep had it on for about 6 months now and im still not dissapointed...no rust or anything.

14. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member