creative customization

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by inkedup, Dec 9, 2009.

1. inkedup

inkedup Well-Known Member

hey guys, i'm an artist in cleveland with a lot of experience in paint and metal.
    and i'm looking to do some truly unique things to my 09 lancer.
    i've seen some of you guys on here doing some great personal and custom work to your cars and i figured we could use a place to communicate some ideas on this topic.

im saving up some cash now and my first order of business is to crack open my headlights, install an angel eye kit and paint the matt black inside of the lights rally red to match the car.
    its not much but im broke and its a start.

anyone know if my dealer will have the paint from the car? or possibly where i can get it?

-thanks.

2. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

Yes, the dealer should have the paint for your car. Just ask for a spray can of the paint. You will also need the color code of your car so that the paint can match exactly. Hope this helps.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

another option...and possibly cheaper...go to a good body shop with your paint code and ask for them to mix you up some. Around here, its only about 10-15 bucks a quart.

4. inkedup

inkedup Well-Known Member

alright, hell yeah. thanks a lot, im ordering the parts within the next couple days and i should have some pics up within the week of my attempt at it.