Cost Of Installing Lowering Springs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by spunx021, May 15, 2008.

1. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if there is already a topic about this in here, if there is please direct me there. I just bought the Eibach lowering kit and I'm just wondering how much it would cost to have it installed? I have called a couple of shops and they want to charge me $250-300. I really don't have the time nor the knowledge to even try doing it myself. If you're from Los Angeles area and know a shop that won't rape me, please let me know. Thanx in advance..

2. DirectorSe7en

DirectorSe7en Well-Known Member

$200-$250 is what local shops wanted to charge. It was right in line with what everyone else is charging so I'd say you aren't getting raped by paying $200.

$300 is getting a little high but remember that you don't want a pack of illegal aliens tearing apart your car. You want it done right, so pay for it.

3. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

i paid 175 for the install

4. spunx021

I just talked to a guy from ASAA racing and he said they'll do it for $150 so that's pretty much what I was looking for. Only problem now is I spent all my money on the rims and springs, don't have the $150 to get my springs installed. :D

5. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

does that $150/$200 include alignment? if not, i'd just do it myself -_-... all u need is to buy that spring holder thing or w/e, so that when u take off ur old ones, they don't fly off lol

6. spunx021

i doubt it includes an alignment but like I said I don't have the time and knowledge to get this done. I may cause more harm than good down the road when my suspension shatters coz I put the springs on wrong..

7. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

why don't you do it yourself?