concern, need help

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by faracinman2, Jun 5, 2008.

1. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

Ok so just the other day i was outside and one of my friends pointed out that my car sat funny. i was all what do you mean? he said that my rear end of my car looks lower then the front of my car. on the rear the clearance from the wheel to the body is lower then in the front. here is a pic. is that how the lancers are suppose to b?

[​IMG]

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Yes. You don't want your front to be lower then you rear then you ride will be off balanced.

3. faracinman2

ok good, cuz i never noticed it before until he said something and i was all... was that always like that??? lol

4. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

There is a good amount of wheel gap for these cars. Actually most cars have a little less wheel gap in the back than the front. I personally think this is to compensate for the weight of the engine going over bumps. The more weight = greater distance of travel. This is my own assumption and in no way a proven statement. Every car I have had there was always more gap in the front than the back. Get heavier springs or coilovers and you can eliminate that. Our cars have an enormous amount of front wheel gap, especially when you put on aftermarket rims with lo-profiles. I have so much wheel gap that I have a homeless guy living in my wheel well. He is so annoying. Anyway, I am waiting for TEIN to finish up their coilovers for our cars to remedy that. Our cars are listed in their latest catalog just without any numbers yet. Hope you don;'t get a homeless guys too. Later.

5. thomatt12

thomatt12 Member

Quit Spamming the Forums..

- Edited by Prophet

6. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

u can try throwing that dead fat guy u got in the back of ure trunk of a bridge like u originally planned to, that might fix the gap

7. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

i forget who did it but he told me too was,if you cut 1 coil off the aftermaret springs that itll drop the front enough for you to notice.im not recommending it but,if you really want to and dont care,there is your option.ORRRR,spring clamps,thats about $4-5 a spring the package comes with 2 clamps for one spring so you woulod need to buy 2 packs of clamps,thats another option.plus with the clamps if you dont like it,you can take them off.you mainly put them on the middle of the spring and clamp them together,should be an inch,idk id just give that a shot.

8. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

to me the only way to fix the gap is to get the eibach sportline springs or coilovers. i wouldn't cut the spring it a bad idea and i have not heard good things from clamps. but the option is yours do what you want to do and don't let anyone tell you anything else. it's your car

9. faracinman2

well i can tell u i have no intentions on cutting the springs, im just going to buy some lowering springs possibly coilovers.

10. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

For the record its not recommended to cut your springs or use spring clamps to adjust ride height. People do it, but that doesn't meant they should. As for the shocks/struts? They don't affect the vehicles ride height, the springs do. Every car may have a larger gap in the front exactly for the reason already posted. The engine weighing several hundred pounds wants to move the car down in the front when traveling over bumps. Hence the higher front end of most standard passenger cars.

I would recommend a quality set of lowering springs, Eibach, RRM, Works. A number of members have seemed satisfied with the RRM springs, plus they help support LancerTuners.com.