Cold air SRI

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by ThePinoy, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ThePinoy

ThePinoy Well-Known Member

i posted a thread on the wrong section not to long ago "SRI induction possibility??" on 8g custom and well i asked if you can run a pipe through the fender to the sri from the front bumper. well today i got really bored and did it. well at dead stop it felt normal but the 30+ mph you start to notice better throttle response cause you have to remember its just a pipe it dosent really suck air it just take it in. and then on free way gunning it you'll start to notice it a little more and a hollow sound like your ac is on. after all the testing i droped my friend off at home and i got a call a couple of seconds later and my friend said " hey you know i can here the your pipe righttaking in air, it sounds like paper cutting" lolz ill post pics of it soon. i am also thinking for making a custom ice box intake man cant wait for that any ideas??.... 8O

2. ThePinoy

ThePinoy Well-Known Member

from the driver side fog light cover
    [​IMG]
    through the fender
    [​IMG]
    to the SRI
    [​IMG]
    as if right now i am designing a way to enclose the whole system for somewhat a custom ice box..

3. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

put back on the stock filter box with a K&N filter and lay the pipe to it.
    That way, I think would be better.
    The one you go senseless, it wont help more than the stock one

Or go with the pipe direct in the air filter.

4. stefan_bounket

stefan_bounket Active Member

hmm... that's an interesting set up.... SRI quality at low end, CAI quality at high end.. :)

5. aTm beaner

aTm beaner Well-Known Member

^^^^^ werd!

that mod is useless with the SRI that you have. if you could do something with the stock intake box. then that would work.

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

:D

7. mullinsmx159

mullinsmx159 New Member

is that a custom sri? did you use an adapter for the air sensor or did you cut it off the stock air box?