chrysler engine

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by AntonygTs, Feb 8, 2008.

1. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

so yesterday i was at the dealer getin new tires because mine were bald but anyway i was tlking with some guy who had an 06 evo mr and we were tlkin about my 08 gts and than he starts telling me he wouldnt get one because the engine in our car is a chrylser engine mixed with dodge , ford and mitsu parts!!! i didnt beleve him so we went down and asked the mechanic and he said its true still didnt beileve him so i walked to the new car part and asked a salesman and he said he same thing!!! y didnt i ever here this before???

2. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

my friends tell me this too. i think they're right. i always thought it was the other way around though. chrysler uses mitsu engine.

3. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

from what ive been told/read whatever is that we have what is called the "world" engine. basically our block is a collaborative design between mitsu, Chrysler, and Hyundai. The block is then sent to the individual companies and they place their own components in it. So yes technically we have a Chrysler block, but mitsu parts. This really isnt any different then the dodge colt, and stealth with the mitsu "one car I cant remember right now" and the 3000GT.

basically it comes to this. Do you like your car? if yes F*** what everone says drive like its meant to be driven. If no your screwed till you sell it lol

4. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

oh wow, may be we should change the forum name to fordtuners.com or chryslertuners.com

Yeah i knew all that long ago, even when i owned my 7g galant..

5. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i heard sumpthin about that too. i dont even care i like the car so i'm gunna drive tha damn thing.

6. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

as long as parts are released to make it faster i dont care if its got go cart components in it!

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I forgot which model it was but a certain Chrysler vehicle shares the EXACT same interior as a Mitsubishi 3g eclipse. I was tripping out one time i rode in one.

8. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ Sebring

+1 this has been done since jumpstreet!!!!

9. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

/\ also the stratus

10. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

who the hell said FORD???....LMAO

or even Hyundai???.....

ever hear of the DaimlerChrysler??? they were merged with Misubishi and owned Benz and alot more car companies.

anyways, Mitsubishi is its own comapny and world wide one of the biggest. this is why there is no eclipse that looks like a Talon anymore, LMAO.

11. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

If my memory serves me right, Chrysler and Mitsu have been working collectively since the '80s...right???

And the guy w/ the Evo 9... You should have told him that his Evo has practically the same motor as the now defunct Eagle Talon AWD. Don't get me wrong I own a Evo 8, but some people need to get off their high horse.

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

bam! that's the car. thanks. it was a Stratus. having owned an 02 eclipse and jumping into a Stratus i was like "what...the....fuck....?"

hah

13. bras_33

+1

14. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

+2 i owned a 95 mitsubishi mirage S. and a 94 eagle summit with the chrysler emblems on the fenders.same damn,every little bolt to the exact point,just the name and logos were differnt

15. bras_33

/\ I have also owned a few mitsu; starion(conquest), 1g/2g eclipse (talon) and mighty max (dodge) and they have had some dodge/chrysler parts that were direct bolt-ons with the mitsu. Especially with my eclipse.

16. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

you had a conquest!? was it the 2.6l turbo version??buddy of mine had one and it was freaking awesome.

17. bras_33

HAD!!! :( but it was the starion...It was a bad ass car. This was my first taste of BOOST. I understood what it was but did not know what I had. I dont remember how many cars I have pwnd with that car. I changed the side to a front mount, put on a bov and an external waste gate. I boosted it to 18 and blew the engine :( ...good times