changing a auto to a manual

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by chileanpride06, Jun 26, 2008.

1. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

so it sucks living in guam due to the fact that the dealers only sold automatic lancers. i dont really like the paddle shifters either. so i wanted to know if it would be possible to change my transmission to a manual, by just buying all the parts needed, and having the shop put it together. i am sure its going to be a lot but i wanna race, lol.

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

yeah i thought about that too, then i thought about the wiring for everything and i almost passed out, good luck lemmie know how it goes!

3. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

lol thats the kind of thing only rich people can do

4. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

lol, yeah i was planning on robbing a bank or something, the dealership was asking for about 3k..... i think i am gonna get that before the turbo anyways

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

MONEY TALKS, as long as you have it...anything is possible...X motor or 6g75 or 4b12 motor swaps, trannys, turbos, racing seats, blah, blah, blah

6. appleGTS

appleGTS Member

Could you buy all the necessary parts from the dealership???
    im interested in doing this.
    if anyone has some information, let me know please :D

7. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

forget it, to expensive!
    a transaxle is about 3000$ and you will need an other ecu.
    the whole project will be abou 5k or more

8. appleGTS

appleGTS Member

hah dang, well alright. thanks

9. jorgeous8

jorgeous8 Active Member

I hear you bro! same thing with my car. sometimes its just a waste of life driving an automatic transmission when you can drive a manual. but oh well. its just a present from my dad. so he's the one choosing for me.

10. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Try Car-part.com They sell parts off wrecked cars. Sometimes you can find good deals on stuff

11. appleGTS

appleGTS Member

what are all the parts i would need?

12. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Parts will only be 1/2 the cost.

13. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

You'd need, transmission, shifter, all linkage, prolly new ecu and harness and prolly some brackets

14. BaD2RaSS

BaD2RaSS Well-Known Member

It would be cheaper to import a manual tranny car. Anyways what kind of racing cause I have run mine with the cvt on a road track in manual mode and it worked great