cat back vs axle back

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 007, Mar 14, 2010.

1. 007

007 Active Member

Just wanted to get some input on the difference in sound between a cat back exhaust compared to an axle back exhaust. Was thinking of a magnaflow or greddy cat back, but if there is little to no difference then i am going to go with axle back.

2. x32weezyx

x32weezyx Well-Known Member

axleback ruins gas mileage and does nothinggg for performance...ur better off getting a cat...axle backs r nothin but fart cans...riceeee

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Axle-backs don't ruin gas mileage. They don't really help, performance-wise, but then again, neither does a cat-back. I'd go with a cat-back, because it does add that extra little "umph", but there's barely a difference.

4. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

+1

To my knowledge there is no Greddy Cat-back for the 8th gen...you're only choices are Magnaflow ($500+), Injen SES ($800+), and Tsudo ($400+). You'll find RRM, Works, etc. found no significant difference between the power axle-backs and cat-backs put down for our cars. However many members can confirm cars with cat-backs (or in our case header-backs) run the fastest times at the track...you just have to decide if spending the extra money for 1-2 more ponies is worth it.

5. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

that pretty much covers it

6. 007

007 Active Member

Thanks a lot for the input guys, very helpful and informative!