Carbon Fiber Hood by RRM and CARBONTRIX

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by RALLIART, Jun 25, 2007.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

from what have read on the other forums, that this is a teaser of an actual hood, thats why the angle on this picture sucks monkey balls, but RRM has assured me that more better pictures will be up soon!

prices are as follows:

Carbon Fiber will be $799

Fiberglass will be $599.

thats al lot of money considering the shipping will be around 120.00-160.00

2. Patrickmann

Patrickmann Well-Known Member

Wow that was really fast.. However, that is a crap load of money that I rather throw into suspension..

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^agree, I would love a full suspension kit from the likes of tein and companys like that.

4. Patrickmann

I should ask TEIN if they would be willing to do a group buy for the new lancers if they come out with one. Like some coilovers or something. = ) Where did that picture come from anyways? I couldn't find that on RRM's website.

5. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Not really feeling the vents. I would try to go back to the old school evo vent...

6. Patrickmann

Yeah the vents make it look really ugly.. I would rather just have a OEM CF hood instead..

7. RALLIART

this is from a forum that RRm is a member of. they were nice enough to show me a teaser picture, you can start pre ordering them by phone only. they will have more better pics of the hood in a week. Guys keep a lookout on their site, they are coming out with al lot of stuff really fast....

8. Patrickmann

I'll do that. Hey I noticed you ordered that axleback exhaust. You'll have to post pictures and a sound clip when you get it. I think 329 is just way to much just an axle back system.. You can go to an exhaust shop and have an exhaust system made for that price..

9. RALLIART

yeah i know that, but i figured i will give RRM a shot since they specialize in LANCER only parts. this exhaust is specially tunned for this model car. Hey if i dont like it, I am sure i wont have any trouble selling it. I mean RRM is selling these like hot cakes. I called them yesterday so i can get the intake exhaust combo. they told me they made 50 intakes and athey sold them all in 3 days! so someone is buying them right! i figured same thing for the exhaust...

10. Patrickmann

Wow thats crazy.. Good news for us because that means there is a demand for aftermarket parts which means more for us! Yay!

11. ViperF16

ViperF16 Well-Known Member

i actually like the hood, but i'm not sure about the price

12. 1QwkGTS

1QwkGTS New Member

Does anyone know what the weight reduction is for the CF hood vs. factory? Thanks in advance.

13. RALLIART

Stock hood 36 lbs.
    CARBONTRIX Carbon Fiber hood 16 lbs.

14. 1QwkGTS

1QwkGTS New Member

Jake -tyvm.

15. RALLIART

no problem....