C.A.I inputs

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Dukekid0987, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

So now that sort of everyone has their Injen C.A.I i was wondering how your liking it any dislikes. Im still in the mist of discovering which one i want. so everyones inputs would be great.

Thanks in advance

2. gatzaraki

gatzaraki Well-Known Member

I love everything about my cai,look,sound etc... dislike 8O not :D

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

If you go from Short-ram to Cold-Air you'll notice there is no low-end punch that the short-ram had.
    If you're bone-stock then you'll love this piece right off the bat. nice pickup and the top-end has a little more pull than i felt w/ my short-ram

4. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

I love everything about my CAI, from the installation to the performance gain, can't really say anything bad about it..

5. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

yea thats what i keep hearing nothing but good things :D

6. Movielife

Movielife Member

Where did you guys get your Injen CAI? I've been searching around for the best deals on a complete kit online and am wondering what others have come up with..

any suggestions?

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

SpeedCorps. Com. They're an official Vendor for this Forum. You'll find their website and products in the Forum index under Speed Corps.

8. Movielife

Movielife Member

Thanks for the quick reply, heading over right now!

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

no prob. hopefully you find everything you need

10. bluelancer

bluelancer Well-Known Member

I just got my intake yesterday and I love it it is well worth the money and it still has a killer sound. it pulls very hard in the 4000-6000 RPM range. and is very simple to install.[/img]

11. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

BUMP!

So i'm very intreaged to investing in this Injen CAI.

I also wanted to throw on a hydroshield to be careful, but wanted to know if the kick i got from the CAI would now be canceled out and be the same as having a stock intake that came with the car?

I have alot of questions and just want some more info, i'm all about researching everything that touches my car..

I'm also deathly scared of water finding its way into my intake

even with the hydroshield is it guaranteed or just has a better chance of not sucking up water?

I've seen pictures of where the air filter is and it looks pretty nicely tucked in.

12. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Unless you are giving it gas while the intake is completely submerged in water for a good period of time, hydro lock is not really a concern. Driving in the rain and through puddles isnt going to hurt anything.

13. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

The 08 4B11 is not powerful enough to suck up water through the CAI...there is a thread about this, you will have to search it.

14. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

Our engine I doubt can produce enough suction to water lock the engine, plus the fact that most of the water that will get into the intake will be burned off because of the heat. The hydroshield in my opinion is a must even though without it I don't see much of an issue, unless you hit a big puddle and floor it.

15. grizbone

So someone has sat a 4B11 with its intake piping in a bucket of water or something along similar lines? Just curious how someone came to this conclusion.

16. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I forgot which forum I read this but someone did an actual test and did something similar as to what you said. Subawho did a drive in 2 hours of heavy rain and nothing happened to his CAI, pm him

17. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Serious LOL
    i don't think it takes much for the enguine to hydro lock.

Theirs such a thing as misting your engine.
    which is basically spraying a little mist of water while its running to clean it a little but i'm sure only a little bit of water will damage the engine sufficiently.

and i keep doing search but it comes up with these random threads!

18. grizbone

I bought my injen CAI last night. I not too worried about the hyrdo lock situation.