Black Tail lights from Mitsubishi

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by BaD2RaSS, Sep 26, 2008.

1. BaD2RaSS

BaD2RaSS Well-Known Member

Here is a little step by step that was recommended when I put these on.

These are the tools you will need A 10mm ratchet or box wrench philips screw driver and some trim tools.
    [​IMG]

Remove all of these clips on the trunk insulator pad by popping them up with a small trim tool or a small flat blade screw driver
    [​IMG]

loosen these bolts two per lamp on the trunk
    [​IMG]

Pry here first slowly with trim tool
    [​IMG]

pry here second with trim tool. Then remove all connectors. repeat for other side
    [​IMG]

Just be warned when removing lamps they will make loud not good sounds but it is just the retaining nipple being released from the grommet.

I forgot to take pics of the lamp removal on the body itself however it is simple just loosen the two screws holding it in place and then pull the light out it may help to pry with the trim tool against the leading corner of the lamp.

Once you remove the lamp There is a grommet that goes into the car remove it and disconnect the lamp.

Be sure to connect new lamp.

When installing new lamps apply some white lithium grease or di-electric grease to the grommets this will make future removal of the lamps easier, press gingerly on the edges of the lamp not in the centers because that could cause damage to the lamp.

If you have any further questions let me know.

If you don't think you want to chance it let the dealer install them they shouldn't charge more than $75 for labor to install them. or 1 hour labor.

By the way this only takes about 20 min

Kyle

2. BaD2RaSS

[​IMG]

My camera died at this point so i will post some better shots tomorrow in the sunlight.

Kyle

3. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

DAMMM SONN!! sickk.. where did you get them from your local dealer? or japan? they look sickk thoo. how much?

4. AuToMaTiC

AuToMaTiC Member

Beautifully done!

5. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

That's a nice look. :)

6. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Mine come in next week. I was number 3 on the over on evom

7. Evo8cfb

Evo8cfb Member

looks pretty good

8. malblast

malblast Active Member

awsome cant wait to get them

9. BaD2RaSS

Yeah dealers can get them they are hard to get right now though. I am the dealer :lol:

Kyle

10. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

looks like im not the only one anymore...

looks 10x cooler, dont you think? lol...

+1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    yeah i know its a little red...

well, i can say u'rs are only 11x cooler, just 1 higher than mine since theyre only home-made... :D

11. BaD2RaSS

vik2rius that looks good man I wanted to tint mine still might tint the black ones i think it would look awesome

Kyle

12. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

thanks man, im sorry to say that i didnt tint my tails...i actually cut them open and paint the inside black...and to give it more darkness, i painted the edges as well to make them look more blackout...thus from a far they really look blacked out...

same goes to yours...looking good...

13. BaD2RaSS

it looks good either way

14. orin12

orin12 Well-Known Member

where can i get the chrome lettering that spells out lancer on that WW GTS ive been looking for a while and yet to find it

15. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

badgeyourride.com

16. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

kyle awesome write up, tail lamps look sick as hell!!! let me know when they will be available to order. remember what we talked about :D

17. batzr

batzr Member

that's the look bro!

18. BaD2RaSS

No problem man

Kyle

19. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I see you beat me to the Autobot symbol hahaha cept I was gonna take the Mitsu emblems off completely and put the Autobot one there instead :p

20. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Where can I get that clip thing for my trunk? I just took off my spoiler and that would go great with my trunk.