ASC OFF can it be true?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by blackeyed, Sep 17, 2008.

1. blackeyed

blackeyed Well-Known Member

Has anyone of you tried testing their lancer 2008 with the ASC OFF? It seems for me that I get more torque when the ASC is OFF. Can it be true?

2. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

what's ASC?

3. blackeyed

ASC

They call it ACTIVE SKID CONTROL SYSTEM below I wrote the explanation they give for it. On the left side from steering wheel you have the button ASC OFF. As I understand it helps for wheels not to spin, and also on slippery roads to control the car. As it seems it also slows down the car. So I just wonder does somebody else has noticed something simmilar?

Lancer explanation
    For example, on a slippery surface, if the vehicle tends to drift-out contrary to the driver's intention, a yaw moment (rotational moment) is created to restrain the drift-out by an increase of rear-inside wheel braking force. On the other hand, when the vehicle tends to spin, a yaw moment (restorative moment) is created to restrain the spin by an increase of front-outside wheel braking force. Fur
    thermore, when it is determined that the vehicle is over-speeding, safe and stable cornering is ensured by a reduction of engine output to decelerate the vehicle.

4. blackeyed

Now I found one more explanation only now it is called Active stability control but means the same....

Active Stability Control (ASC) reduces rotational movement when the vehicle begins to skid, while the traction control prevents wheel spin in slippery conditions.

Here is youtube video for ASC testing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoL5mTLyExI

5. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

the 09 has this not the 08

6. blackeyed

Sorry, I am from Europe, here is different numbering and naming. We dont have 2009 Lancer GTS. It is just called Lancer 2008 instyle package.

7. DRAGONLANCER

DRAGONLANCER Active Member

hmmm?? i have a 09 gts w/ everything except the nav.
    (ASC) is not even an option in the U.S for the lancer .

ur car is probly a euro version of the evolution which does have that function

8. blackeyed

ok clear then wrong subject i suppose :)

9. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

huh...no wonder my car just keep on drifting or skidding unconditionally when its slippery during the time i went to tahoe last winter...it doesnt have the asc thing...

10. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Yea i was gonna say... a few months with my car, i lost control in a turn, w/o a slippery surface. That shit was not very cool. ASC woulda been nice.