Archie From Jacksonville, FL

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by Archie, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Archie

Archie Member

Hey! Been following LT for a while and just decided to sign up and start participating. I drive a 2002 Lancer OZ Rally. Bought the car at 187k miles and it was in horrible condition when I got it. So far, I've fixed two water leaks and removed the musty smell that resulted. In addition, I blacked out my rims, grille, and rear badges. Refurbished all trims, moldings, tint, and wipers. Here she is:
    photo 1(3).jpg

2. Res

Res Member

looks like a good start, if your interior/carpets are smelly or damp, firstly hit them with a hair dryer to remove the dampness, then sprinkle a decent ammount of bicarb soda onto the areas that smell (or as i did all the interior fabrics cos i might aswell do the whole car) then let it sit for an hour or so, and vacuum up all the bicarb from the carpet/fabrics
    will smell like bicarb for a day, but then the smell will go away and it will be neautral, add fragrance if you so desire after smell of bicarb is gone ;)

welcome to LT

3. Archie

Archie Member

Thanks for the tip! Could have used the help a few weeks ago haha. What I did to the carpets and upholstery was steam-clean them all 2-3 times, then let them dry out in the Florida heat. After that, I used something similar to baking soda, but it's got a fragrance to it. Everything smells great now!

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Lol cat litter works wonders too. Welcome to our home. Good job on fixing the leaks. Hope to see some more improvement soon

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. Looks great. Amber sidemarkers works wonders.