Anyone with an underglow kit on 08 lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by faracinman2, Apr 19, 2008.

1. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

Whoever has installed an underglow kit on their 08 lancer where did you mount the front led/neon? Did you have to remove that plastic guard in order to mount the bulb?? Or what did you do?

2. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

You have to take the plastic part off, and it will have to remain off. You'll also have to get some scrap metal and bolt everything on to the rear since there's no place to install them on the back either.

It's a big PITA to install them (especially if you don't know what you're doing LOL).

3. faracinman2

i have a buddy that knows what he is doing. he is the one that suggested having to take/leave the plastic guard off, but he wanted to see if there was an alternative. is there any down fall to taking it off?

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\ voiding your warranty, lose of hp and the moon and stars wont line up.

LMAO-PITA

5. Mada

Mada Active Member

what i did for my back neon all i did was hold it by zip tides( or whatever theyre called) it fit perfect and it dosnt show

6. faracinman2

did you use zipties for just the back one?

7. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

how much should a glow kit cost????

8. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Depends on what you want for a glow kit. They run anywhere from like $100 to $1,000.

And taking the plastic thing off won't void your warranty :lol:

I'm almost positive there's no down fall to taking it off.

9. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

reading this really makes me want to get an udnerglow kit... but i cant decide on what color to get... my gts is aqua metallic blue... its like a metallic light blue color.. what color do yall think i should get an underglow in?

10. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

just get the one that changes colors... then u don't have to pick a color :p

11. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

LMAO! nice...

12. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

im gettin white on my electric blue gts
    shud look hot

13. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

haha good call.. thats makes it easy enough lol... but i was looking at the tourqoise one... i got some deciding to do lol

14. steelhumm

steelhumm Well-Known Member

turquoise will look good...it is one fo the brightest colors.... if your talking about a streetglow UB kit.

IF you have the gts the body kit flares down so it hides the tubes very well. You can mount the tubes near the edge of the body for maximum glow effect and the tubes are still hidden.

Yes you need to remove the front plastic underbody shield...it's held on by push clips and is very easy to remove. If you are in or around the NJ/NY/PA area my lancer will be in the streetglow booth at the show in Carlisle on may 7-8 (I think those are the dates) if you want to stop by and check out the front tube location.

Anyway...here is turquoise on my lancer (I have the 7 color LED kit and the 7 color wheel well kit)

[​IMG]

Price will Depend on what kit you are looking at getting, as I work for streetglow I can only comment on our products.

If you are looking for a bright cloud type glow then go with a NEON kit..neon still offers the best cloud effect glow. If you are looking for super bright colors that you can do more than just glow with then get an LED kit...I personally love the 7 color kit and the new lightstrike kit (3 million colors) but the LS kit will not be available for another few weeks as tehy have sold out faster than we can make them. You can set any of the LED kits to do different patterns or to react to music, or you can set them for a single color glow if thats your mood. I currently have my side tubes on a seperate controller and have them set to scan front to back with my alarm..really cool looking

15. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

mmm shiny

16. Devious813

Devious813 Well-Known Member

I have a ruby red led underglow on my car , but im really diggin those wheel well underglow and what i need to know is WHERE to get that or what i need cause i love that look

17. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

If you want anything from SG, please PM steelhum or myself, thanks.

18. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

maybe just get one of the flex LED strips and put them in the wheel well? just a guess/idea

btw for people wanting underglow, might be a good idea to do some research on them for ur state :p... i know in Cali they're illegal while the car is in motion, in FL they are legal as but the following colors are restricted: red, blue, and green in some cities/districts as it represents security vehicles... for everyone else, look around, i litterally looked up and read the actual law to see what was in it, and nowhere does it say u can not have underglow lights... o btw, for those in FL that want underglow while driving, another restriction is that the bulb can NOT be visable at all from the outside... so make sure u cover it up well, or get it under enough if u plan to use it while driving =)

just a bit of FYI there :D

19. steelhumm

steelhumm Well-Known Member

yea, every state is different... but it is not illegal in any state to have installed on the car. Most people I know or customers I talk to use their underbody kits for show, in parking lots..that sort of thing. I never drive with mine on. On the SG message board we have a legality forum that answers most questions.

ANd the Wheel Well Glow is the Streetglow Multi-Color Wheel Well kit.

Here is one of the tubes mounted.

[​IMG]

20. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

im getting mine done right now.
    itll be blue and ill post up pics tomorrow if i can =)
    hopefully itll look nice.
    oh and they r hooking it up to my sound system so itll pulsate with the beat