anyone think a supercharger will be built for the 8g?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by inkedup, Apr 7, 2010.

1. inkedup

inkedup Well-Known Member

i dont see it happening, but with the handling, feel and looks of the car i think it would be an awesome investment.

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

let me put it this way, if they can do it to an automatic honda fit, they can do it for ours. its just that no one want to do all the R&D for it and pay the $$$ that comes with it. I personally feel that a SC would be better off for a CVT or auto lancer rahter than a TC.

3. inkedup

inkedup Well-Known Member

i know right, our cars have zero low end power, and not to mention how smooth of a pull it would provide.

i'd be on board right away, some one needs to start harassing some companies..

4. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

i want one to be different but no one will man up

5. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Coming from a person who OWNS a spuercharge... I can tell you that i would fear for the CVT for the Supercharger. All depending on which type they use, whether they intercool it, etc. Im not sure abotu a CVT supercharger, but it can be done on a MT.

Theres a lot of R&D for Superchargers. Turbos always have the same components. Its jsut a matter of what sizes and dimensions. SC are very complicated. Trust me, ive had this for a year and im always learnnig new shit about SC.

My advice is for noone to bother to put their car up for this.