Anyone interested in being a tester for Megan-Racing??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Evolve, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

The shop is in La Puente.

A buddy of mine, Rich razorback23@hotmail.com has lent his car before to Megan for perfomance mods on his 3g Eclipse. He tells me they have interest in testing for suspension mods, and possibly an exhaust.

of course we can all be skeptical but email my buddy and he can tell you more about what to expect and you can FOR SURE expect a drastic price drop for the parts.

i myself won't do it because i might get test parts from Injen. but that's another story.

thought id give anyone here a shot at the megan thing before they start getting the word out.

2. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

thanx for the heads up, just got a couple of questions, how long are they gonna keep the car? and will the parts be free or discounted? thanx

3. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

im actually right around that area

im going to send an email

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

could be a couple days, could be a week. i personally have no experience in being a test mule so i'd imagine that many things determine how long they'd keep it (wether their testing for one part or several parts, which part it actually is)
    Like i said this buddy of mine who's email addy i posted has been a freind of mine for years and were in Socal3g.com. this is the forum i was on before i just picked up my lancer. Megan was good to him and im almost certain you'll get treated the same. 8)

5. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

sweet. my buddy knows i came into the forums here to let you all know.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I responded to Megan last week and they told me nothing on this matter.

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

ok.......

8. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

well i sent an email lets see if i get a response

dont piss of the MODs :lol:

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

last thing i wanna do is piss people off but his post contributed nothing. lulz

my buddy said he didnt recieve an email yet. did you happen to email megan directly? either way would work. i can find out what guy he was talking to.

more likely the mod-dude (forgot your name sorry bud) talked to someone different then my buddy did.

just recently our socal3g crew had different dudes telling them different things from megan. mis comminication between employees it seems...

10. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

razorback23@hotmail

well if you want just give him my email im very curious on what they have planned

ogralfie@tmail.com

11. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

thats cool Megan are testing now. I know they have been planning for some time now to release parts for the 08. We are actually gonna be the first to start selling the parts, and most probably have the lowest price

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i sent him your addy. hopefully you guys will be in contact soon.

13. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

ive never done something like that and my car is my daily so i can see what they want to do

14. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

newbie question, if a company uses your car for them to test parts on and something bad happens, will that void the warranty? coz i wanna get free parts or at least discounted parts but don't really wanna risk the warranty, thanx everybody, first forum I've actually joined so I may ask alot of stupid questions, hehehe :D

15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

never be afraid to ask 8)

this is why i made sure i mentioned that a buddy of mine has ALREADY had his car as a test mule. send me an email and if you'd like specific questions answered i'll have my buddy email you some info.

i myself through browsing countless forums have never seen a shop work on someone's car only to have it blow up and be undrive-able. Im sure it's happened but not very likely. and of course it will void your warranty only if the parts that FAIL are a direct result of what you changed/modified.

16. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

depending on what they do but yeah it could void the warranty

but bolt on arnt really big unless it was the cause

am i correct?

17. ClemsonTnuts

ClemsonTnuts Well-Known Member

I guess this is another downside of living in G-vegas SC. There aren't any of these parts fabricators even close to here... I could always look up a local redneck but I'd prefer they not touch my car :?

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

well you could weld an exhaust directly to your cat and still have your warranty back you up if your radio goes out. that make sense?

the part in question hopefully should have nothing to do with the part mitsubishi would be covering.

they wont care you bolted on a sway bar or strut tower bar if you go and tell them your headlights aren't working or anything.

19. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

id let them use my car, but depending how long they would need it

20. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

got an email saying that he gave megan my email

so whenever i get details on there plans i post it up