any way to get 40-50 more hp?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by wsquare, Dec 17, 2007.

1. wsquare

wsquare Member

does anyone know how can we get 40-50 more hp? (just to beat the Si) 8)

2. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

A good bunch of quality modifications. such as a turbo kit

3. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

could do it N/A if you got some custom cams made up to go along with the standard bolt on's as well as a tuned programmable engine management. Personally though i wouldnt touch the cams till a well known brand brings some out, it can do alot of damage if they arent perfect.

Turbo will be the way to go once some kits come out should be able to manage 220-250hp atw easily enough with a decent settup which will keep most people happy. Though untill a kit comes out you'll have to fork out for a custom job.

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

to beat the Si you'll need a turbo. simple as that.

The parts available (i have just about most of them) still dont equate to the Si's output.
    My girl drives an 06 Si. so i know this. 8)

5. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

you could trade in your 08 for the 09 lancer with the 2.4
    It has wayyyy more torque than the si and will be comparable with something as little as an intake.

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

lmao. "or you could trade it in"

8)

7. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

You could run a nitrous system on your lancer.. and 50 shot wet system wont do any damage.

8. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

big steve or somebody can you explain how nitrious works im a lilttle off about it :?:

9. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

10. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

it did hah learned something new

11. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

you will eventually be able to beat a stock si while staying n/a, just need to wait for more parts to come out

12. Payload

either that or spend loads on getting custom parts if you cant wait.

13. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

yea cuz a stock Si only has 194-6 hp, a full exhaust,good spark plugs,rrm pully and a inake ur runnin it most likly. a guy down here with a lancer said he got a k&n filter and exhaust and he already dyno'd 172 hp

14. Mitsu008

i ordered a set of bosch spark plugs garenteed 15-19lbs of tourqe

15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

any chance you can get him to back it up somehow? 172 to the wheels is HUGE power for this car. I have a full injen exhaust AND cold air filter with the pulley and piggy. Im nowhere near that.

16. Mitsu008

last i saw him was at towers, but if i see him again ill ask em what type of exhaust(i belive it was magnaflow) but yea he modded his stock intake box did some cutting then droped a K&N in there then went to dyno it

17. Payload

that seems like a lot.. i remember seeing a test where the NGK iridiums got a stock civic and extra 5hp over standard plugs.

18. Mitsu008

any chance you can get him to back it up somehow? 172 to the wheels is HUGE power for this car. I have a full injen exhaust AND cold air filter with the pulley and piggy. Im nowhere near that.[/quote]

well cali lancer start with 146hp right or 143, down here its 153 so he gained a good 20+ hp[/quote]

19. Mitsu008

when u get a chance go to ur local walmart in the automotive section and look a the bosch sparkplugs box there like 3 kinds one says 15+ lbs other 19+lbs of tourqe

20. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

im staying with NGKs because i used to have bosch and they ran too hot.i had exp. with them when i had my old civic i had bosch plugs and my MSD ignition set up and you coud see the spark through the cap and it burnt blue(blue is the hottest part of the fire right?)when i switched to ngks they was burning yellow.i dont know every car acts differnt. :p :cheese: