Another Reason the Lancer is Awesome

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by WildBill, Aug 11, 2007.

1. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

More news on why the new Lancer and its future higher performance variants are gonna kick a** and take names.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Dr ... es.08wrx.0

Looks like Subaru fubared again big time. Hopefully this means more Subie lovers recognize the new Lancer and Evo X are gonna be king. I just can't wait for the specs on the Ralliart version.

On a completely different note, supposedly from the info Mitsu North America has given me, the Evo X with its estimated 300 HP output, since they won't confirm or deny numbers till they unveil the actual production model at the Tokyo Auto Show, is suppose to have a MPG fuel rating of roughly 15 MPG City and between 17 to 20 MPG highway. What MPG do yall think the Ralliart version with its supposed less tuned turbo rating around 225 HP to 250HP (probably closer to 225) will get??

Bill

2. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'd wanna say it'd probably be 5 or so mpg lower than the Lancer now with the numbers it could push. But I guess we could really find out once the turbo kit is complete because that may give us closer numbers.

3. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

True that about the turbo kit. Personally, from the feedback I have gotten from current ES/GTS owners, they are averaging around 25 MPG city and closer to 30 MPG highway in real world use. If the lightly turboed Ralliart version only looses 3 to 5 MPG on each of those stats, I could live with that. I just cringe at the thought that it will mostly recommend or require premium gas which now and days cost an arm, a leg, and your first born child...

Bill

4. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

haha yeah...thats the main reason I got rid of the EVO

5. 91talontsi

91talontsi Active Member

i get 26mpg in heavy traffic and 32 mpg highway doing 70mph according to the trip computer.