Another Noob on the boards

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by lordtygr, Aug 29, 2008.

1. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

Whats up people! I'm a recent Mitsubishi Convert.

I'd been driving mazdas (trucks) since forever. Last August I went for something faster and more economical, and bought a new mazda3 s (2.3L) Hatch. I'd originally gone with the mazda after doing a search on car and driver, motortrend, etc. for fastest under $20k (it wasn't the fastest, it was #4, but i wasn't interested in the top 3). it was that simple.

I almost made it a year before last month i got t-boned and it got totaled :cry: . Through a fortunate turn of events i was able to up my price range this time and decided to take a closer look at what was out there. I looked at another 3, the matrix, civic si, sentra spec-v, and the lancer. Good thing mitsu decided to up the motor in the GTS this year because here i am :D

I found it had the best balance of options and power. the civic was close, but i don't like the way it looks (too plain) and everyone else (it seems) drives one.

Here she is:
    [​IMG]

2. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

3. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

Well let me be the first to welcome you. Good choice of car over a stupid civic! lol but i was wondering what mods have you done or what did you get with your car? I am not sure if i really like the bra on the front but thats just me. hey but like everyone else says its your car do your own thing! Keep up the mods and pics, dude.

4. lordtygr

No mods... yet. Nothing too crazy. basic bolt-ons. might do a piggyback or reflash ecu after i've got the bolt on's done. hopefully cobb will have something out by then since i'd rather not pull my ECU or do a hack job on the ecu wiring. we'll see.

wish there was more available now. but i must have patience.

btw. i have an 09 GTS. it should be in my sig. but i'm having trouble figuring out why it's not coming up when i post. it shows up on the 'my account' front page.

edit: sig fixed yay!

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums...

LT Staff

6. PoLo

PoLo Active Member

welcome yo...

7. lordtygr

Thank you for the warm welcomes :D

8. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Welcome and please feel free to stay a good long while, put on a whole buncha cool stuff, and spend all your money on your beautiful blue Lancer GTS! :D

Welcome to LT!

9. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT! Im new here to but these guys are always give the best welcomes!

10. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT. Enjoy. Congrats on your Lancer. The bra is to much. But its your car.

11. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

man love that color. i had the bra on my car for a few days and took it off because i didn't like it. i will be putting it back on though. getting ready to go on a road trip.

12. lordtygr

it's not so much that i like the bra. it's just that i saw how many chips i had on my front end on my 3 within 6 months of having bought it. wanted to protect my new baby a bit better ;)

and more thanks!!!

13. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

3M Clear Bra FTMFW

14. BuEnO

BuEnO Member

I was in a similar position when i was buying my 05 lancer. i was stuck between a civic, mazda 3, and the lancer. the mazda didn't quite grab my attention like the lancer did and it seems like everyone and their mom was driving a civic. good choice and welcome!

15. ZEROCOOL

ZEROCOOL Well-Known Member

Jeziirrrrrrrrrrrrrr

16. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT! 8)

17. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Awesome intro :D

Nice u went on the Mitsu side; so far our Lancers have been doing real good; same reason as u why I didnt go for a Civic, waaaay too overused! mine would've been just another Civic down on Palmetto :D

Welcome!

18. DRAGONLANCER

DRAGONLANCER Active Member

welcome to LT
    i also have the octane blue 09 gts didnt want the bra tho
    if they loosen any at all it scratches the hello out of your car

have fun