AIT body kit?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by CLEANrideGTS, Aug 16, 2008.

1. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

Has anyone purchased the new AIT body kit for the lancer?? I'm considering gettin it and just wanted to know if anyone else has bought it yet.

2. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

once i get around to some more money ths is coming wth my fenders
    i just gota sell some stuff

3. CLEANrideGTS

Yea same here I think that the kit looks really nice. It doesnt look like it has fog lights though, can you confirm this?

4. Thatguy

Thatguy Well-Known Member

i planned on buying the rear bumper but if you look at their site they pushed the release date to september 25th.

5. CLEANrideGTS

oh ok well its no big deal because i didnt plan on gettin it till after the holidays so it should work out

6. Thatguy

the opposite for me i had money in the beginning of august now im broke.

7. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

i was consendering it but yeah i dont think it has room to put on the fog lights

8. CLEANrideGTS

Well i guess no fogs isnt too bad but that means i need to sell my HID foglights eventually lol

9. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

i was thinking custom audio r8 lights where those two slits are on each side

10. CLEANrideGTS

Maybe some custom white leds would look sick in those slots

11. Skooby

Skooby New Member

Pictures of the kit?

12. ItsJordan

ItsJordan Well-Known Member

what all comes with the body kit?

does it come with fenders, front/back bumper, wing?
    I cant tell what all comes with it.

13. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

I dont think that the fenders are any differnent than stock. It will probably be the 4 piece set, lookng at that price. That is extremly cheap for a body kit. Not liking it that much tho, hence why i got the GT concept kit.

14. znelbok

znelbok New Member

So I am looking at the yellow lancer with the kit and it looks great, but I cant work out what is different for the sides and back. It is very similar to the VRX kit that is standard. I can see that the rear bumper has the center section in black, but otherwise..

The front is obviously different, and unfortunately does not have fog lights.

Maybe its just the yellow and how low its sitting that gives it a different appearance to a standard height lancer

Its got a nice look to it though.

Mick

15. CLEANrideGTS

It comes with the front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper. The rear is different because it has a diffuser. I dont believe it has a place for foglights either. Kit is very cheap so its questionable as to the quality.

16. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Ok so i started looking at this kit a lot more carefully... and noticed something very peculiar. The front kit seems exactly like teh GTS lip effect, except with that line across inbetween where the fogs would be. As to the rear, our rear i believe ends where the difuser begins, from what i cna compare (dotn quote me). FYI this car is dropped, so do not go by its size. Picture really seems like a photoshop to me, doesnt look like an actual car. Some of the tires dont even have matching colors lol.

As to the price, it is rather cheap, but to retort, like i said above, this doesnt seem more than a revamped GTS.but oh well... GL with it

17. Thatguy

ok now im confused. is this kit out or not? in the ait site they say itll be ready in september, but on http://www.everythinglancer.com/0809-mi ... 18386.html they say it is in stock july 25th the original release date by ait).

anyway, if you noticed at all, imo i think the side moldings give the lancer a nice look. i know it prob wont come with the kit. but its a nice addition to the car.

18. CLEANrideGTS

I like the kit for the most part but i agree that its prolly a photoshop deal. Im gunna wait and see what the actual product looks like... in primer or something so that you can see more details...

19. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

i'm still undecided if i like it or not. on a side note, anybody know what kind of wheels those are?