Air bypass valve

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by delphium_, Jun 26, 2008.

1. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Any enlightenment on this as far as "water" damage goes.

the only reason i dont want a CAI is because i dont want to switch from on to off depending on the weather, too much of a hassle. i found out that this valve can be installed on a joint so that if there is any lag in airflow because of 'ex. water' it wount suck any water up it will just use the bypass valve to breathe.

I searched this and didn't find anything soooo anybody have any experience on what it really does? or backup what i stated.

This is a picture of the bypass valve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

it's been discussed before on this forum... yes it's an extra precaution from hydrolocking but it also makes u lose some of the HP u gain from a CAI... it's also been discussed that the 4b11 isn't strong enough to suck up the water all the way up to the engine (heard someone literally took a bucket of water and tested it to prove it, though i never bothered searching for the thread, it wasn't on this forum though), so a hydro shield should be more then enough to keep u safe

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1

AEM tested their bypass on a NSX and was very successful.

4. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Go with the hydroshield, so far every coment on it is that it does the work on keeping water out without loss of power.

5. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

yeah i have the hydroshield on my cai and it been raining a lot lately down here in guam with massive puddles, havent had a problem though