A NEW INTAKE!!!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 08mitz, Dec 25, 2007.

1. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

This thing looks bad ass... i will be getting this one!!! better price to Intake click here :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

2. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

im stickin with my custom cus mine is the same concept.small in the middle then gets bigger near the TB.for cheaper

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

$245 for a Weapon R??!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is hilarious. During an intake shoot-out on my last car, it was the worst out of all intakes. It actually lost 2.5 hp. I will never own a WR.

4. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

It looks real nice and sinister...but I would have to agree with SeRious on this one.

Another member of this forum had nothing but trouble with thier experience with WeaponR. Also, I did a youtube search to watch all the Weapon R intake vids, and alot of people complained about fitment issuses, especially ith the MAF sensors.

That intake has been out since Novemebr, but you can see noone was jumping for joy, I think thier rep is not good at all and people dont want to spend thier money on a crap shoot.

Then you got Fujita that has been problematic aswell.. between the fitment issue with the CVTs' (dont know how they ever overlooked that one) and the rampent problems with the check engine lights from about 75% of the people who bought them.. makes me leary about purchasing one of them.

So far I think the only choices you have for ready-to-bolt-on intakes are RRM's SRI or Injen's CIA, both these units have been pretty rock solid so far. Another option is do what lancered did and buy a mazda intake and modify it so it works/fits in the lancer.

5. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i was abusing the RRM short ram before this Injen Cold-Air and fitment was perfect for both and both never gave me Check Engine-Lights.

6. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

* lil tipsy when i wrote that* i didnt know if it was worth a damn or not it just looked cool... prolly going with fujita

7. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

the injen is to low to the ground 4 me... i still have to worry about the water ... even with the hydro shield. and rrm is just not dressy enough for me. so fujita it is!

8. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

^ just make sure you read up about the fujita.. I think people are replacing the rubber spacer ring for the MAF.. the one that comes with it is to thin and it causes the ces light to come on. They say after replacing it with a slightly thicker rubber spacer, it fixes the problem.

9. lancered

hell yea wasper thanks for the shout out!! :salute: im glad im noticed with my ABILITIES :p

10. Guest

Guest Guest

We commend u lancered. :thebirdman: LOL!

gotta bust ur nuttz!

11. lancered

ahhhhh thanks kru that really brought me back to reality :drunken:

12. Guest

Guest Guest

AWE ty brudda.

13. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

appreciate the heads up. ill just do that first and get it out of the way. i would get the injen cai but its just too much and to low.. but i love it!

14. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

15. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

^ yes i do see the prob... but were would you get the part to fix it?

16. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

still think the fujita one has the best finish out of all that i have seen. Though i'd like to see one of those wide bend intakes like the mugen style SRI's

like this

[​IMG]

17. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

yea its looks nice :thumbup:

18. Guest

Guest Guest

CF cool, but that thing is hidious. looks like a huge cf bugger. :sad2:

19. ddboy

ddboy Well-Known Member

The Fujita SES light issue is solved. I repeat, no more SES light/car running lean.
    I took my car to Fujita and they fixed the SES light issue.
    What caused the SES to go off was the height of the MAF housing. The guy cut the MAF housing off, and replaced it with a taller one.
    So, with the older/short MAF housing, the sensor was sitting too low in the intake tube. Causing the SES light to be triggered because it was not getting the right air read out.
    Now, with the new/taller MAF housing, the sensor sits higher in the intake tube. Therefore, it is getting the right air read out.

Just wait until they make the new batch which should be between 30-60 days.

There are some pictures of the new MAF housing on page 3:
    http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t30286 ... -light.htm