A heads up on Warranty...CAI...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by lordayne, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

I went to the dealership today to order some parts and figured I would ask about the warranty and what will void it. The Cold Air Intake that reaches to the under side of the car to grab air, will void the warranty if you have issues resulting from it. I.E. Hydrolock. They told me they have seen several issues involving this Intake. I was told however the SRI will not void the warranty as it is nearly impossible to get water in the engine this way. So if you are having issues from the CAI, when you go to the dealer to get it looked at, remove the CAI just in case. The CAT back exhaust will not void warranty. The CAI I believe is the only thing that will void the warranty as far as bolt on stuff. Obviously if you put a turbo on it then you will void it. Just a heads up if you were not aware of this. Thanks for reading this. Take care all.

Rich

2. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

The pulley will NOT void warranty either.. just another heads up!

BigSteve-

3. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

im sure this has been discussed thanks though.

4. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

ok ill settle this one guys, ure making it sound like CAI will void ure warranty right off the bat as opposed to the SRI not voiding it. Only way ure warranty will be voided is if whatever u do to the car causes a problem, as for hydrolock, thats why injen has a hydroshield for the CAI

done and over

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

This has been discussed before in various threads.

Thread Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.