4b11t into a Lancer ES auto?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by GDB, Apr 3, 2008.

1. GDB

GDB Member

say if some one had to junk a brand new evo x could you take that 4b11t and put it in the laner es auto?

2. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

With A LOT of work sure it can and also A LOT OF $$

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Anything can be swapped with custom fabrication and the cash...plus you will need the wiring harness, ecu, tranny and such...do your research before you begin a large project.

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

in the long run, you will end up spendingthe same amount of money(cost of car + complete engine swap cost) that you would of spent buying an X and a few mod... trust me

i lived this already in the DSM worl with the 420a people asking for 4g63 swaps :roll:

5. bras_33

4g63 or 4g63T?, 91-99 4g63T? evo 4g63T?, dsm 4G63T or world 4G63T? 6bolt or 7 bolt? Just giving you a hard time...thats what makes dsm owners into dsm mechanics!!! kinda miss those days!!!!!!!!!!! dont miss the down time for sure.

6. totalmajor

totalmajor Well-Known Member

bras_33 your probably the cockiest person on this forum with your 3,000 posts.

Everybody on this forum has been getting shit from you, shut up.

The 4b11 engine is the same as ours except with upgraded internals.
    You can pull out the old one and throw in the new one with minimal problems...

and yes, it will bolt up to the transmission... i dont know about CVT though

7. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

totalmajor I have been reviewing your posts and you are probably the least informed of our members. Your information from octane ratings to properly setting up a FI system to the new Lancers has been half ass at best. The 4B11 is different from the 4B11T... one example is the 4B11 has an open deck while the 4B11T is half decked. So one would assume the electronics alone would be different and if I have to explain that to you then you need to do alot more research or go ask your "friend" or better yet buy a Subaru and leave the real tuning to us...

If you have a problem with one of my mods I suggest you bring it to my attention or to the specific mod in a pm or email. I don't tolerate public outburst like you just did to a member of my staff and if you don't like that then there is the door...

8. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

^+1 i was thinking the same exact thing, and did the same exact thing (went through his posts) and agreed 100%, i just didn't say ne thing cuz i didn't want to add wood to the fire =)

9. bras_33

I dont mind being put on blast, just back it up. If you dont like what I say, there are other forums out there.

I dont care what you think. I will give my opinions on whatever the topic is. Whether the truth hurts or not. Most of us are adults here and should act like it. My post count has nothing to do with my cockiness. Even if I had less than 25 posts, I will be the same person.

By the way, you cannot just put in the 4b11T and put in place of the 4b11. There is more to it than that. Living in So Cal, I have helped, experimented and failed from simple engine swaps like this. I dont know if you know how to turn a wrench but it requires more than that. As for the transmission, it will not bolt up directly without some fabrication.

Good looking out, Prophet.

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

ignorance this days rofl.....

teh goderatorz FTW!!! :D

11. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

Hail-THE GODERATOR :wav:

12. bras_33

Good looking out, ektor and lancered

13. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Oh goody...another blast on mods from an uninformed member. Sweet...

*gets popcorn ready*

This should be good. People need to be aware of WHO you're going to put on blast. Bras has been around from a while and his methods are already understood and accepted...kinda...lol...hell, he's given me shit before too but at the same time i returned the favor.

Forum post are similar to myspace post. anything can be interpreted in different ways depending on the mood each person is in. I think an easy way to combat blasting is answer the comment and add a "lol" or " :D " at the end. This may alleviate some tension between post-ers.

Also, re-read what you post cause it MAY come across as attacking and anyone on the receiving end will be on defense. Well, most anyways...

*edit* oops.... :D see, doesn't that make you feel better?

14. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

well, i think AZN_Daddy can suck my D*** :D

did that make it a non-attack? lol =)

(btw, i'm jk o_O)

15. Texas Aggie

actually...that made me laugh...ass monkey...lol

see...point proven

16. bras_33

I dont mind being put on blast and my moderator-hood(?) should not affect peoples decision on what they feel. Doing it in a way that he/she said is uncalled for. I know some people here dont like me and thats fine. I am here just to express my opinions, have fun and learn more from everyone here.

17. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

...Can we say, Instigator??? :roll:

18. Texas Aggie

Lol...I prefer defuser. I believe the rest of my post supports that. I thought people would be able to interpret my sentiments by saying:

"Forum post are similar to myspace post. anything can be interpreted in different ways depending on the mood each person is in."

"Also, re-read what you post cause it MAY come across as attacking and anyone on the receiving end will be on defense. Well, most anyways..."

and if I'm not mistaken, I said nearly the same thing on the removed thread, as well as the other forum.

19. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Lol...I prefer defuser. I believe the rest of my post supports that. I thought people would be able to interpret my sentiments by saying:

"Forum post are similar to myspace post. anything can be interpreted in different ways depending on the mood each person is in."

"Also, re-read what you post cause it MAY come across as attacking and anyone on the receiving end will be on defense. Well, most anyways..."

and if I'm not mistaken, I said nearly the same thing on the removed thread, as well as the other forum.[/quote:3b7503of]

And you want to be a moderator??? You wear your emotions on your sleeve. Sometimes the best way to diffuse a situation is to say nothing at all. If Confucius didn't say that, he damn well should have. :wink:

20. Texas Aggie

And you want to be a moderator??? You wear your emotions on your sleeve. Sometimes the best way to diffuse a situation is to say nothing at all. If Confucius didn't say that, he damn well should have. :wink:[/quote:2psy2j4r]

NOW who is instigating :D

I think i'll take YOUR advice and say nothing :(

for now :)