45$ SRI AHAHAHAHA jerry rig ftmfw

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by darklancer, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

ok so i bought a cone filter 30$......DESTROYED my oem box basicly i just cut out the suport for the sensor...widend the width of that plastic pipe by adding 3 rubber seals from oil filters...electrical taped it to seal it and fitted on the cone filter...perfect fit!!!! MAD GROWL. insane increase on ff the line...zero bog down and it pulls right up to 4k till the mivec kicks in and then my straight pipe BLASTS a wiked load growl and i get a smile on my face...15 dollars to my buddy for macdonalds for using his shop.....seriously compared it to my freinds injen...0 difference...and no light comes on and no back firing at all

SAVE YOUR MONEY JERRY RIG IT

wow i need a old chevy a wife beater and a trailer right now lolzzz

2. darklancer

wow 16 views and no coments come on guys i did what is taking K&N 8 months to do in like 3 hours and yes its a universal K&N cone filter lol

3. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

hellz yah. i'd take an old gmc though.

4. darklancer

ll i like the bodies better but old gmc's are pretty to

5. Xeri

Xeri Well-Known Member

like this thread is worthless w/o pics lol put up a vid or something its rather hard to visualize your descriptions

6. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

All i gotta say is this man..... you get what ya pay for... i learned that the hard way in life. hopefully it dont happen to you

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

and with 105 views

[​IMG]

8. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

LOL +1

9. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

+1

10. darklancer

im workin on it ill have em up on the week end lol i also jerry riged a heat sheild...ill get yur damn pics lol

11. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

sounds ghetto.

12. darklancer

canadian....theres a difference..mickymouse to shit...all in the name of speed...+20 hp minimum

13. bras_33

from your "mickeymouse" intake? Really? that would be great when you get proof.

14. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

put em up,put em up!!

15. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

come on man...PICTURES!! and before and after DYNO results, show some proof of your "mickeymouse" intake

16. bras_33

he/she did say by the weekend

17. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

its Sunday morning here where im at.Pics?

18. Greedy_son

Greedy_son Member

dont forget decals add 5 hp. Get a few of those and im sure you will be pushing +45 hp

19. bras_33

the Type R decal adds 50 to the rear as well

20. darklancer

FINALLY got a friends camera cuz mine broke... so

THE MICKY MOUSE SRI
    [​IMG]

*EDIT*
    so i built the frame out of a skid plate from a denali "5$" cut it heat molded it and bolted it onto were the origional box went...i then covered it with 1/4 inch pipe heat insalation ".45 $" ..bassicly a layer of 3m tape soft rubber and tinfoil. and then i cut out the sensor "free, woot" ground it sanded it made it clean and connected the cone filter. "35$ discount from a friend"
    and Macdonald's for my friend who molded the shield =45$ engine light turned off after 5 minutes of running. 45$ and some creativity and jerry rigging or 370$ for the injen SRI?

[​IMG]

sound clip of inside engine compartment
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut_qidPPOG8

driving closed windows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYa_pfdU7xU

open windows
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3-EcdJ1Io

sorry bout the shitty quality and short length crappy camera...but yea there you go...opinions?
    oh and im getting the air duct painted but it will be on and yes it seals against the hood

next thing is exhaust and lights
    [​IMG]

and yes my spelling sucks lolz ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.