2010 Lancer Blue Dash light changing

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by SirLancerlot, Nov 15, 2009.

1. SirLancerlot

SirLancerlot New Member

Just purchased a 2010 Lancer GTS and want to know is there any way to change the center dash lights from red to blue? (AC, Heater control Knobs).
    And what's up with this horn? Such a cool looking car with this beep beep horn? Need to know if I can change the horn similar to my eclipse's type?

2. oshusttoley

oshusttoley Well-Known Member

horn is prob very easy to replace. my buddy has a supra 94 and he put truck horns in so when the alarm goes off everyone car hear! haha

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I've wanted to go to a junkyard for a while to get a F-Body horn but I haven't had the time. I'd think their just plug and play but if you find a good solution just let me know cuz I'm interested too.

4. total0wnage

total0wnage Member

u can change the light but i think the leds are mounted onto a circuit board thing, ill see if i can find the pics

5. total0wnage

total0wnage Member

u can change the light but i think the leds are mounted onto a circuit board thing, ill see if i can find the pics

6. matchstick

matchstick Active Member

Here is a shot of the circuit board....

[​IMG]

As you can see the are red surface mount (SMD) LEDs, which are very difficult to de-solder and solder cause they are really small. it is also the same for the buttons on the radio, there is a circuit board behind the buttons that use SMD LEDs.

One exception is on the Speedo/Tac gauges they use white SMD LEDs, on the GTS and lower models use half the number as they do on the RA and EVO, So it is possible to add additional SMD LEDs to the GTS and lower to make them brighter, as the spaces are there on the circuit board. Also the plastic film used for the number dials is what makes them glow a particular color.

7. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

just to let you know you cant link images to 9glancers site... you will need to download the image and upload it to say.. photobucket or something.

8. matchstick

matchstick Active Member

Really?

Seems to be working for me both logged in and not logged in here.
    Hmm actually it seems to be a IE issue not a site issue, as it works in Firefox, but not IE.

9. scrotch33

scrotch33 Member

i really would like to change my interior lights to the same blue as the high beam light, how much would it cost to have a shop do it?????