2009 SRI intake

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BrenNZach, Jun 28, 2008.

1. BrenNZach

BrenNZach Member

Im still deciding between CAI and SRI, can you name the positives and negatives of each. Im leaning towards the SRI beause its cheaper and already out for the 2.4L and it doesnt void warranty. Im also getting a new exhaust, probaly custom.

EDIT: No dual exhaust but this guy (owner of exhaust depot in South Florida) said he can size the piping for best performance and tune the sound for what I want (loud at cartain RPM's and quiet at cartain RPM's). I really like the tuning concept because when Im cruising I dont want an annoying sound but when I accelerate I want it to be loud. And it will be different from everyone else.
    Here is a picture the guy sent me of an axelback he did on a 08 lancer, it just sticks out a little.

[/url] http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30afiih&s=3

2. kingklay

kingklay Well-Known Member

Im pretty much doing exactly what your doing. I hear the SRI will pick up in the low and get rid of that nasty lag.
    What kind of custom work are you going to get done? Dual Exhaust??

3. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

4. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

in other words...there is a search feature provided on this forum that can be used to search for topics, parts, and things of that nature.

there have been several hundreds of topics discussed on this forum.

5. kingklay

kingklay Well-Known Member

calm down ladies, he just asked a simple question