1/4 Mile in my GTS

Discussion in 'RallyCross, AutoCross, Motorsports' started by XxLaNcErGTSxX, Oct 5, 2008.

1. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Well I went to the track on Fri. I had a blast. Ive never been to a track so it was my 1st time. The car was running in the low 16s and I managed to get a 15.7 out of her. Note: I did not push the car 2 hard. It was really windy. Not making excusses but it did not run as it should have. But hey it did beat a 250hp v6 Buick. At best I think the car can do a 15.4. The car needs a turbo, so I can get close to 13s. Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNteYZ5tx9Q

[​IMG]
    Teching in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At least it looks good
    [​IMG]

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Nice....

Im pretty sure your car is manual right?

3. XxLaNcErGTSxX

No I have the CVT thats why it is so slow with all the mods I did. If I got the 5 speed I bet a low 15 high 14 would be possible

4. XxLaNcErGTSxX

So you CVT guys this is the times you can look for. I have every mod you can get and this is what to expect. I had really good reaction times. With my 15.7 I had a .052 reaction time. So use CVT guys need a turbo

5. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

tell me about it.. i ran a 17.1 stock (CVT) i also weight 300 pounds and i had my sound system :D

kinda doesnt help lol

6. XxLaNcErGTSxX

so eKtor judging by my mods as of now and me running a 15.7 with my CVT, do you think it is possible to run in the 14s or 13s with a turbo?

7. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

I'd say low 14s and that's pending traction issues and how well the transmission holds up.

8. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

good job. expect another second off ur time with the turbo, depending on turbo setup & such

9. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

oh ya, plz post ur timeslips

10. XxLaNcErGTSxX

I posted 1

11. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

pls post more legible time slips

12. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I think if the tranny would be strong enough, you could easily touch 13s with a good tune... if the kit doesnt bring it already, injectors pump and rail would be very needed to touch the 13s...

13. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Congrats on the Win!

14. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

15.4 in a cvt 8O, could you post a clearer timeslip. what is your trap and 60ft?

15. XxLaNcErGTSxX

yes do you see my mods?? LOL. I will try to post a better pic, but its a 15.7 just so you know

16. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I agree with Ektor on the mods needed, you may also wanna had a stronger fuel pump to avoid fuel starvation.

17. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

wow wait wat mods u got?

18. XxLaNcErGTSxX

everything

19. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

lol i ment like turbo? performance wise

20. blackeyed

blackeyed Well-Known Member

nice job!!! first time I see new lancer beat somebody :D
    during weekend got a ride in three year old 3,2 Merc E class pickup, wow the power, I was amazed, car was full to top with people and stuff and it was an automatic... and it was so fast!!!!..... i was told it has some 240hp but to that weight I believe it is not much....
    so bad we dont have this in our lancers. :) at least for first three gears :D